Herbsmith Calm Shen is for pets exhibiting nervousness, hyperactivity, and discontentment responding to environmentally-induced stress. Herbsmith Calm Shen helps to maintain calmness and balanced behavior, contentment during separation and travel and tension caused by changes in your pet's daily routine.
Chinese theory considers anxious behavior to be a disharmony within the body. Herbs can be used to manage this issue. Herbsmith Calm Shen is a combination of Chinese herbs that calm the spirit and harmonize the heart and kidney while preserving your pet’s unique vitality.
In Chinese theory the heart not only pumps blood, but also houses the spirit and provides the ability to be settled in the world. In a healthy pet, the heart, a fire element (yang), and the kidney, a water element (yin), are balanced. Excessive emotional or physical stress and aging can diminish normal kidney function, which leads to the inability to control heart shen and subsequently allows nervousness to occur.
Anxious behavior may also occur due to an imbalance of the heart itself. Any depletion of heart yin or blood may exhibit signs such as heat or agitation. The Chinese herbs in Herbsmith Calm Shen are specially combined to support normal kidney function and tonify heart yin and blood, thus calming the spirit.
Ingredients (Modified tian wang bu xin dan)
- Raw Rehmannia Root (sheng di huang) - Enriches kidney yin, clears heat, and nourishes blood.
- Asparagus Tuber (tian men dong) - Enriches the yin and clear heat from deficiency.
- Ophiopogon Tuber (mai men dong) - Enriches the yin and clear heat from deficiency.
- Angelica Tang Kuei (dang gui) - Tonifies the blood to nourish the heart without causing stasis.
- Schisandra Fruit (wu wei zi) - Prevents leakage of heart qi.
- Biota Seed (bai zi ren) - Calms the spirit.
- Jujube Seed (suan zao ren) - Prevents leakage of heart qi.
- Ginseng (ren shen) - Assists heart qi.
- Scrophularia (xuan shen) - Enriches the yin and clear heat from deficiency.
- Salvia (dan shen) - Tonifies the blood to nourish the heart without causing stasis.
- Poria (fu ling) - Assists heart qi.
- Polygala (yuan zhi) - Calms the spirit.
- Platycodon (jie geng) - Conducts the actions of the other herbs upward to the heart spirit.
Available in 90 tablets or 150 gram powder.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients - Raw Rehmannia Root, Asparagus Tuber, Ophiopogon Tuber, Angelica Tang Kuei, Schisandra Fruit, Biota Seed, Jujube Seed, Ginseng, Scrophularia, Salvia, Poria, Polygala, Platycodon
|Dosage Type ||Weight ||Suggested Dosage|
|Powder ||Under 30 lbs ||1/2 tsp twice a day|
| ||30 - 80 lbs ||1 tsp twice a day|
| ||80 - 120 lbs ||1 1/2 tsp twice a day|
| ||Over 120 lbs ||2 tsp twice a day|
|Tablets ||Under 30 lbs ||1 tablet twice a day|
| ||30 - 80 lbs ||2 tablets twice a day|
| ||80 - 120 lbs ||3 tablets twice a day|
| ||Over 120 lbs ||4 tablets twice a day|
|Dosage Type ||Suggested Dosage|
|Powder ||1/4 tsp twice a day|
|Tablet ||1/2 tablet twice a day|