Herbsmith Clear AllerQi naturally cools skin and is recommended for use in dogs and cats with seasonal allergies. An allergy is a hypersensitivity reaction to food, inhalant, or contact. Yor pet’s defenses are signaled into an overreaction to a particular substance. This hypersensitivity often causes extreme heat in the animal, seen as reddened skin, hot weepy lesions, panting, restlessness and skin that may be hot to the touch. Herbsmith Clear AllerQi has Chinese herbs that cool heat and harmonize your pet’s defenses to help support healthy skin.
According to Chinese medical theory, the liver acts as a pump that provides the smooth flow of energy, or Qi (pronounced "chee"), within the body. When allergies lead to Liver Qi Stagnation, an imbalance within the liver, the "pump" overheats and produces skin that may be hot to the touch. The herbs in Herbsmith Clear AllerQi harmonize the liver and clear this heat without hindering your pet’s overall vitality.
Chinese medicine explains that life is a balance of yin and yang. Yin represents the fluids, maternal, quiet, nighttime and passive aspects of the body. Yang represents the heat, inflammation, active, male, daytime and aggressive aspects. When allergies exist the body is in a state of excess heat, or yang. As the heat increases, it eventually burns off the essential fluids, or yin.
This depletion of fluids causes the development of phlegm in a pet. Phlegm is seen in the form of a greasy coat, foul-smelling breath, and eye and ear discharge. Herbsmith Clear AllerQi resolves the heat and excess yang. With proper diet and care, the yin is replenished and healthy skin is maintained.
Ingredients & Benefits (Modified long dan xie gan tang)
- Scutellaria (huang qin) - Drains fire and eliminates dampness.
- Plantago (che qian zi) - Drains heat from the upper burner and eliminates damp heat from the back half of the body.
- Raw Rehmannia Root (sheng di huang) - Protects the yin and blood.
- Alisma (ze xie) - Drains heat from the upper burner and eliminates damp heat from the back half of the body.
- Gentiana (long dan cao) - Drains damp heat especially from the back half of the body.
- Fructus Gardeniae Jasminoidis (zhi zi) - Drains fire and eliminates dampness.
- Bupleurum (chai hu) - Disperse heat from constrained liver Qi.
- Licorice Root (gan cao) - Harmonizes and regulates the actions of the other herbs.
- Angelica Tang Kuei (dang gui) - Protects the yin and nourishes the blood.
- Longan Fruit - long yan rou – Longan fruit - Calms the spirit, nourishes the blood, tonifies and augments the heart and spleen.
- Jujube Seed (suan zao re) - Nourishes heart yin, augments the liver blood and quiets the spirit.
Available in 90 tablets or 150 g powder.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients - Scutellaria, Plantago, Alisma, Gentiana, Fructus Gardeniae Jasminoidis, Bupleurum, Licorice Root, Angelica Tang Kuei, Longan Fruit, Jujube Seed
|Dosage Type ||Weight ||Suggested Dosage|
|Powder ||Under 30 lbs ||1/2 tsp twice a day|
| ||30 - 80 lbs ||1 tsp twice a day|
| ||80 - 120 lbs ||1 1/2 tsp twice a day|
| ||Over 120 lbs ||2 tsp twice a day|
|Tablets ||Under 30 lbs ||1 tablet twice a day|
| ||30 - 80 lbs ||2 tablets twice a day|
| ||80 - 120 lbs ||3 tablets twice a day|
| ||Over 120 lbs ||4 tablets twice a day|
|Dosage Type ||Suggested Dosage|
|Powder ||1/4 tsp twice a day|
|Tablet ||1/2 tablet twice a day|
- Not to be used in pregnant pets.