Please Note: Genesis Resources has now become Kemin Resources. All of these products still feature the same quality ingredients and formulations; the only thing that has changed is the name.
This formula was designed for dogs experiencing discomfort and inflammation in bones and joints, and is a gentle approach to normal discomfort management that can be used alone or with most conventional treatments. Two medicinal desert plants, Yucca and Boswellia, come together from opposite ends of the earth, both having been used for centuries by herbalists to help to help support the body's response to inflammation of the joints. Saponins from Yucca and terpenes from Boswellia work together to inhibit prostaglandins, help support cartilage synthesis, and maintain blood supply to the joint tissue.
Formulation and Ingredient Summary
Discomfort in a pet can be cause by inflammation in tendons and muscles, soft tissue damage, or the aging process. Lack of mobility, resistance to petting, and limping are just some of the signs that a pet may be in pain. The first goal of pain management is, whenever possible, to identify and eliminate the cause of pain.
Available in 120 Tablets
Tablets too big for your pet? Try the All-in-One Pill Crusher & Splitter.
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: USA
Shipping Weight: 0.3
One Tablet Guaranteed to Contain
Yucca 210 mg
Boswellia 210 mg
MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane) 105 mg
Meadowsweet 79 mg
Cornus 53 mg
Licorice 26 mg
Ginger 26 mg
Manganese 11 mg
Inactive Ingredients (listed alphabetically) - Chicken Liver Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Distilled Monoglycerides, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Sucrose
- Tablets may be given orally or mixed with food with moist food.
- Responses to natural dietary supplements may vary by animal.
|Weight ||Daily Dosage|
|Up to 50 lbs ||1 Tablet Twice Daily|
|50 to 100 lbs ||2 Tablet Twice Daily|
|Over 100 lbs ||3 Tablet Twice Daily|
What to Expect
- Early signs of relief may be seen in the first week of administration.
- Begin with the dosage indicated on the bottle; however, dosages can be adjusted according to the needs of the patients.
- If animals are currently using NSAIDS, aspirin, or steroids, Canine Pain Plus can help reduce the dosage and eventually wean dogs off the drug medications.
For better results, and to aid joint repair, the addition of appropriate nutrients such as glucosamine, Chondroitin sulfate, Vitamin C, and other GAG producing supplements should be included. Genesis Bone and Joint Formula can be added to facilitate repair and maintenance of connective tissue and bone.
- Although no side effects are expected, animals sensitive to salicylates and currently using aspirin should not take this product.