Just like humans, pets with seasonal allergies may be sneezing, with runny eyes and nose. Seasonal, inhalant allergies can now be effectively managed with our new herbal formula. Only Natural Pet Aller-Free 7 is designed to ease your pet’s allergy symptoms and curb the effects brought on by allergic reactions to airborne substances such as pollens, molds and grasses.
The herbs in this formula have been chosen for their supportive properties specifically targeting the lungs and respiratory system.
Carefully Selected Balance of Seven Herbs
- Stinging Nettle Leaf: (Urtica Dioica) This has been a medicinal plant popular with North American physicians throughout the nineteenth century and into the twentieth. Nettle contains about 20 different chemicals, including lectins, phenols, sterols, lignans, and histamines. The histamines in nettle attach to histamine receptor sites in cells and keep the body’s histamines from attaching to those cells during an allergic reaction. Nettle may help support the body's response to inflammation of the mucous membranes in the nose that can be brought on by colds, dust, and allergies. Initially, nettle can prevent rhinitis by stifling allergic reactions, but its strong support of the body's normal response to inflammation make it a kind of balm for red, swollen tissues.
- Eyebright Herb: (Euphrasia stricta) For centuries, Eyebright has been used for its support of the normal inflammatory response and has antihistamine properties to address various problems relating to the mucous membranes of the eyes, ears, nose, throat, sinuses & bronchi. Eyebright works as a vasoconstrictor and astringent to the nasal and conjunctiva (eye) mucous membranes. It brings relief in frequent sneezing bouts and rejuvenation to eyes that feel exhausted. Eyebright is known to be a stimulant to the liver and to clean the blood. It is particularly useful for allergies accompanied with watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose and congested sinuses.
- Licorice Root: (Glycyrrhiza glabra) One of the body’s defense mechanisms to regulate allergic reactions is the release of cortisone or adrenalin (epinephrine) from the adrenal glands. These act as anti-inflammatory agents that reduce allergic reactions. If the adrenal glands are underactive, they may not produce enough hormones when needed to stop an allergic reaction. Animals with sluggish adrenal activity may suffer from chronic hay fever and other allergies. Licorice root is an adaptogen that has been found to maintain adrenal action. Licorice has also been found to support normal reduction or elimination of mucous and a healthy inflammation response. It is also soothing to the mucous membranes and throat.
- Yerba Santa Leaf: (Eriodictyon californucum) This traditional Native American herb is used to support the loosening and release of phlegm and the opening of bronchial passages. Yerba Santa also supports reduction of excess fluid in the lungs.
- Mullein Flower & Leaf: (Verbascum thapsus) Mullein has been shown to help tone the mucous membranes of the respiratory system. The saponins contained in the herb help to loosen and remove mucus from the lungs, while the mucilage soothes the mucous membranes to support a healthy inflammation response.
- Osha: (Ligusticum porteri) Another traditional Native American herb, Osha is used to support the body during periods of upper respiratory stress and congestion. Osha displays a strong affinity for the respiratory system supporting the elimination of mucus.
- Schizandra Berry: (Schisandra chinensis) This berry is a commonly used substance in Traditional Chinese Medicine and is an adaptogenic herb that can work to bring about system balance (similar to ginsengs). The Chinese developed a schizandra tonic that began its tradition of use over 2,000 years ago. It was used in part to improve the health of the adrenals, relieve respiratory problems by astringing the lungs, and rehabilitate the skin. Similar to Licorice Root, Schizandra helps support sluggish adrenal function to help balance the overall response to allergen exposure.
About Only Natural Pet Herbal Remedies
Our Only Natural Pet Herbal Remedies have evolved from the work of holistic veterinarians and experienced herbalists to bring you a wide selection of natural health care products for your animal companion. Herbal formulas are easy to administer and easy for your pet to assimilate, making these treatments both simple and effective. Herbs are also great natural sources of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, enzymes, and many other nourishing substances.
Only the finest herbs are used in our formulas, and the careful selection and blending of these herbs helps them interact synergistically for stronger, more beneficial effects. Nothing is more natural than harnessing the healing powers of the herbs and flowers around us. When ill or injured, animals in the wild have an uncanny ability to seek out and eat plants with properties that will help them heal.
Natural therapies like our herbal formulas do not just attack the symptoms of a disorder. Instead they rebuild your companion’s total health and facilitate their body’s innate ability to heal itself. When natural remedies are used in conjunction with a nutritious diet, your pet can enjoy a healthier life.
The effectiveness of Aller-Free 7 Herbal Formula, as with ANY herbal or natural remedy, varies with the health of the animal. An animal being fed a high quality diet with adequate vitamins and enzymes will respond better than an animal on a poor quality diet. Each animal’s system needs support in healing from within. Please see our article, "What You Need to Know About Your Pet’s Food," for information about feeding the best quality diet.
This product was made in a FDA approved facility using human-grade ingredients.
Available in 2 oz and 4 oz liquid.
Still have a question about this product? Click here to send us your product questions or comments by email.Only Natural Pet brand products are 100% Guaranteed!
Review Rating: 4
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Active Ingredients - Mullein (leaf, flower), Eyebright (aerial parts), Licorice (root), Osha (root), Schisandra (berry), Singing Nettle (leaf), Yerba Santa (leaf)
Other Ingredients - Purified water, Glycerin, Agave (nectar)
- 3 times per day. 1 drop per 2 pounds of body weight up to 50 pounds, thereafter 1 drop per 4 pounds.
- Should be mixed with wet food, broth or gravy (especially for cats) and fed freely or given with a dosing syringe directly into mouth.