Only Natural Pet Thyroid Wellness Canine contains a selection of herbs and co-factors known for their supportive function in maintaining thyroid health. Considered to be the body’s master gland, the thyroid regulates metabolism and influences the function of all other glands in the endocrine system. Thyroid Wellness Canine is a synergistic blend of ingredients formulated to support healthy thyroid balance and help address its effects on the whole body. Additional benefits are:
- Helps support normal endocrine, hormonal & enzyme systems
- Supports normal immune function
The benefits of the ingredients in Only Natural Pet Thyroid Wellness Canine Formula include:
- Bladderwrack: Bladderwrack is a sea vegetable used as a prime source of iodine. Natural iodine stimulates the thyroid gland and boosts metabolism. Bladderwrack has been used medicinally for thousands of years, especially in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- L-Tyrosine: This amino acid is often deficient in individuals with thyroid underactivity. L-Tyrosine is a crucial building block for thyroid hormone and may help boost levels in the body. (If your pet is taking prescription thyroid hormone medication, it is important to check with your veterinarian before administering this product).
- Nettles: Nettles is an herb traditionally used as a circulatory stimulant to aid regulation of metabolism and support thyroid and adrenal function. This herb is also a good source of minerals as well as Vitamins A, B and C, and iodine.
- Magnesium: This important mineral helps many metabolic processes happen normally and is involved in thyroid hormone production and protein synthesis.
- Rehmannia Root (cooked): In Traditional Chinese Medicine low thyroid function is considered to originate as a Kidney Yang deficiency. This causes the body to become cold, slow, and sluggish. Dogs with hypothyroid conditions typically present with depleted energy levels (Qi Deficiency) and tend to be overweight. Rehmannia nourishes the blood and replenishes the kidneys.
- Ashwaganda Extract : An adaptogenic (balancing) herb used in Ayurvedic Medicine. Animal studies of Ashwaganda show improved thyroid function and antioxidant activity. Ashwaganda may help increase energy and endurance and strengthen the immune system. It also has anti-inflammatory, anti-stress and rejuvenating properties, as well as supporting cardiovascular health.
- Licorice Root Deglycyrrhizinated: Traditionally, thyroid underactivity is often considered to stem from kidney deficiency. Licorice is used in both Chinese and Western herbal medicines to support hormonal balance and enhance metabolism through regulation of the pituitary gland and the adrenal cortex.
This product was made in a FDA approved facility using human-grade ingredients.
Available in 90 chewable tablets.
Still have a question about this product? Click here to send us your product questions or comments by email.
Tablets too big for your pet? Try the All-in-One Pill Crusher & Splitter.Only Natural Pet brand products are 100% Guaranteed!
Review Rating: 4
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Shipping Weight: 0.21
Active Ingredients per Tablet
Bladderwrack (whole plant) 200 mg
L-Tyrosine 100 mg
Rehmannia (root) Cooked 50 mg
Ashwagandha (root) Extract 25 mg
Stinging Nettle (leaf) 25 mg
Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice (root) Extract 10 mg
Magnesium (from Magnesium Citrate) 8 mg
Eleuthero (root) 7.5 mg
Inactive Ingredients - Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Natural Peanut Butter Flavoring, Silicon Dioxide
Both dosage recommendations listed below are safe and will produce the same effects.
As listed on bottle
- 1 tablet, 2 times per day.
|Weight ||Daily Dosage|
|Up to 30 lbs ||1/2 Tablet Twice Daily|
|30 to 60 lbs ||1 Tablet Twice Daily|
|Over 60 lbs ||2 Tablets Twice Daily|
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal’s condition worsens discontinue use and consult your veterinarian. Consult with your veterinarian before using this product if your pet has a history of any medical condition or is on medication.
For dogs with diagnosed underactive thyroid, this formula may provide extra support within their current health regimen. If your dog is currently receiving medication for thyroid imbalance, use of this formula may change their dosage requirements and it is important to monitor thyroid hormone levels carefully until your pet's system has adjusted.