Only Natural Pet Thyroid Wellness Feline Formula contains a selection of herbs and health co-factors known for their supportive function in maintaining a healthy thyroid balance. Considered to be the body’s master gland, the thyroid regulates metabolism and influences the function of all other glands in the endocrine system. An over active thyroid is not uncommon in older cats, and Thyroid Wellness Feline Formula helps balance thyroid activity and moderate nervous tension and excitability often seen in cats with these issues. Additional benefits are:
- Helps support normal endocrine, hormonal & enzyme systems
- Supports normal immune function
The benefits of the ingredients in Only Natural Pet Thyroid Wellness Feline Formula include:
- L-Carnitine: Carnitine supports the thyroid hormone by blocking its action in cells. In particular, L-Carnitine inhibits both triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) entry into the cell nuclei.
- Bugleweed: Animal studies suggest that Bugleweed maintains the thyroid hormone by decreasing levels of TSH and by impairing thyroid hormone synthesis. Supports the action of heart contractions, and relieves tension and irritability.
- Motherwort: This herb is commonly used to support the body as it soothes a nervous or excitable heart and cardiac reactions associated with thyroid overactivity.
- Lemon Balm: Lemon balm is used to maintain balanced thyroid hormone levels and symptoms associated with overactive thyroid conditions. It supports thyroid activity by blocking the TSH receptors. Lemon balm is also used to support digestion and relax nervous tension and excitability.
- Siberian Ginseng: Traditional Chinese Medicine asserts that Siberian ginseng can maintains longevity and supports general health. Siberian ginseng has been traditionally used for centuries as an adaptogen (balancer), which is a substance that supports the homeostasis of tissue organ systems, and maintains the body's equalizing effect upon the thyroid gland. Siberian ginseng particularly supports the adrenal glands, which are often implicated in contributing to dysfunction of the thyroid. In addition, Siberian ginseng maintains the body's ability to withstand physical stress and to supports immune functioning.
This product was made in a FDA approved facility using human-grade ingredients.
Available in 90 chewable tablets.
Still have a question about this product? Click here to send us your product questions or comments by email.
Tablets too big for your pet? Try the All-in-One Pill Crusher & Splitter.
Review Rating: 4
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Shipping Weight: 0.3
Active Ingredients per Tablet
L–Carnitine L-Tartrate 250 mg
Bugleweed (aerial parts) 80 mg
Lemon Balm (leaf) 80 mg
Motherwort (aerial parts) 80 mg
Eleuthero (root) 30 mg
Inactive Ingredients - Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Natural Vegetarian Turkey Flavor
- 1 tablet daily.
- Tablet may be crushed and mixed with moist food.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal’s condition worsens discontinue use and consult your veterinarian. Consult with your veterinarian before using this product if your pet has a history of any medical condition or is on any medications.
For cats with diagnosed overactive thyroid, this formula may provide extra support within their current health regimen. If your cat is currently receiving medication for thyroid imbalance, use of this formula may change their dosage requirements and it is important to monitor thyroid hormone levels carefully until your pet's system has adjusted.