No one enjoys making the discovery that their favorite feline has hairballs. If you can get past the harsh coughs and retching noises, or maybe that nice little offering of direct evidence, it may not seem like such a big deal. Many cats recover from a hairball incident with little fuss and quickly regain that famous kitty composure. But hairballs can interfere with your cat's digestion, and are a common sign that your cat isn't getting enough roughage in their diet. Holistic vets aren't keen on the petroleum based hairball treatments available - they can be toxic to some cats and may have negative effects on the immune system. Daily brushing can help tremendously, especially with cats that are not too diligent about grooming. And the best thing you can do of course is to be sure your cat is on a natural diet with ample nutrients to support skin and digestive health. You can also include a healthy hairball remedy to your cat's diet, like Only Natural Pet Hairball Chewables.
Only Natural Pet Hairball Chewables contain:
- Lecithin which supports nail, hair, and skin health as well as skinhydration and resiliency. Healthy skin directly influenceshow well your cat's hair will grow, function, and shed. Deficienciesof Lecithin can lead to loss of skin elasticity, dryness,scaliness, increased fur matting, discoloration of hair, lackof hair re-growth, and increased shedding.
- Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids which, along with lecithin, have beenadded to support skin hydration, resiliency, and hair health.These fatty acids not only provide fats for skin and coatcondition, but they also support the G.I. tract.
- Biotin is needed for healthy hair and skin.
- Zinc known for its support of of keratin and collagen production, whichare important for hair and skin health. It also helps maintainhealthy skin tissue and hair follicles, and is required for fattyacid metabolism. Zinc is required for fatty acid metabolism.
- Cranberry Powder which supports the urinary tract.
- Psyllium which is a soluble fiber that supports G.I. tract health and function.
Along with these natural ingredients, Only Natural Pet Hairball Chewables feature:
- No laxatives or lubricants. Laxatives and lubricants should be usedsparingly as they can disrupt normalfeline digestion.
- No mineral oil. Mineral oil disrupts normal digestion and blocks nutrientabsorption in cats and should be used with caution.
- No herbals. Diuretic herbs in some hairball products may actuallydehydrate your pet, reduce skin moisture, cause skin andcoat dysfunction, and increase hairball formation.
Only Natural Pet Hairball Chewables are a tasty daily soft chew "treat" that supports healthy skin and coat to help reduce formation of hairballs. These chicken liver flavored soft chews also provide extra roughage to help your cat's body eliminate existing hairballs. Two soft chews each day provide your cat with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, lecithin, zinc, and biotin to support healthy skin and coat. And psyllium fiber provides roughage to help move hairballs out of your cat's GI tract. There's even some cranberry extract included to support urinary tract health.
Cats everywhere agree - if you must give them a health product or remedy, one of the best ways to take it is disguised as a delicious soft chewable treat!
Each 2.83 ounce resealable foil pouch contains approximately 45 soft chews. Made in the USA.
Please Note: These chews now come in a fun fish-shape form. The dosage information remains the same.
Still have a question about this product? Click here to send us your product questions or comments by email.
Review Rating: 4
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Ingredients - brewers yeast, natural chicken liver flavor, glycerin, safflower seed oil, flaxseed oil, whey, lecithin, psyllium powder, cranberry extract, maltodextrins, sodium alginate, calcium sulfate, zinc proteinate, propionic acid (a preservative), biotin, mixed tocopherols (a preservative)
Guaranteed Analysis Per 2 Chews
Moisture (max) 8.53%
Protein (min) 24.65%
Fat (min) 12.84%
Fiber (max) 1.94%
Ash (max) 11.24%
Zinc (144 ppm)
Omega 6 Fatty Acids* 15mg
Omega 3 Fatty Acids* 30mg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profile
Calories per bite - 6.9
- For existing hairballs: Give 4 soft chews, twice daily, for 2-4 days, or until results occur.
- For general skin and coat health to help prevent hairball formation: Give 2 soft chews daily.
- For animal use only.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Your cat may consider this a treat, so do not leave product package open and unattended.
- In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.