Why your pet needs Only Natural Pet Kidney Support
Only Natural Pet Kidney Support is the perfect supplement for supporting the health of your pet's entire urinary system and is appropriate for adult pets. Our pets' kidneys can be damaged by ingesting toxins or medications, through genetic factors, and quite commonly due to infectious invaders like bacteria. Effects of this damage can be seen in many organs, including the bladder and urinary tract, where clear evidence may appear as recurrent infections, and in the form of urine crystals or kidney stones. Kidney damage also adds up over time, and it can be so subtle that even the most attentive guardians fail to spot any signs in their pets. This is why kidney issues often seem to appear "out of nowhere" as our pets age, becoming obvious only when the problem reaches a critical level. Supporting your pet's kidneys can play an important role in their longevity and quality of life. We've selected the best balance of quality herbal ingredients you can offer your pet to support these vital organs.
Kidney Support Herbal Formula contains a blend of herbal ingredients from both Western and Chinese herbal traditions to help maintain your pet’s optimal kidney health and normal renal functioning . The key factors of the formula maintained balanced urine pH, support healthy circulation for maintained renal blood flow, support the normal detoxification processes and support the immune system in response to foreign material in the urinary tract and kidneys.
From the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) perspective, the formula's benefit to kidneys is enhanced through the focused use of herbs selected to support heart and spleen health, which in turn support the kidneys. Designed to support healthy function of the kidneys and bladder in cats and dogs needing prevention, maintenance and care for stressed kidneys, our blend of herbal and botanical ingredients in this formula includes:
- Cranberry Juice Extract: Traditionally, cranberry has been used to protect against pathogenic urinary tract conditions. Research suggests that its mechanism of action is preventing E. coli bacteria from adhering to the bladder wall. Cranberry also maintains balanced urinary tract pH (acidify) and supports the body's ability to dissolve struvite (Magnesium-Ammonium-Phosphate) crystals, which may develop in urine if it is too alkaline.
- Marshmallow Root (Althaea officinalis): The soothing properties of marshmallow make it useful in supporting the body's response to inflammation and irritation of the GI tract, and of the urinary organs. It is excellent for discomfort of the urinary organs, exerting a relaxing effect upon the passages. It also has mild diuretic properties, which supports the body's control of pathogen activity, and supports irritated tissues.
- Astragalus Root: Astragalus (Huang qi) has been used as a popular herbal tonic in China for many centuries. One of its primary uses in TCM is to support the spleen. As an adaptogen, it maintains the body as it regains balance and is the most popular herb in Chinese medicine for its urinary and cardio supporting properties and other useful qualities. Astragalus is used to maintain normal functions of the liver, lung, kidney, spleen, stomach and heart, to detoxify the system, and to support white blood cell growth in supporting the immune system.
- Rehmannia Root Cooked (Rehmannia rutinosa): Rehmannia (shu di huang) supports the blood and kidneys. TCM sees kidney dysfunction as a syndrome of excessive heat in the blood, impairment of body fluid generation and Yin-deficiency in all channels. Rehmannia is often selected in Chinese herbal formulas for its ability to nourish Yin, and normalize heat and moisture imbalances.
- Hawthorn Berries (Crataegus oxyacantha): Healthy circulation is essential to kidney health, and studies show that hawthorn berries support heartbeat and maintain circulation in the blood vessels of the heart. Hawthorn berries support the body's ability to gently dilate the coronary vessels, maintaining the supply of arterial blood to the heart. This action supports oxygen utilization, maintaining a powerful heart muscle and blood circulation, which supports renal blood flow leading to renal clearance. This botanical also has mild diuretic action.
- Corn Silk (Zea mays): Traditionally, herbalists have noted the soothing and diuretic properties of corn silk, using it to address all conditions of the urinary system. It is useful in support for uncomfortable urination, including pathogenic urinary tract conditions and kidney stones, and pathogenic activity in the bladder and kidney. Corn silk has been used in combination with other herbs to support the natural response to inflammation of the bladder and of the urethra. It is also used to maintain the normal flow of fluids, which may help reduce the formation of crystals by diluting particle matter present in the urine.
- Olive Leaf (Olea europaea): The main beneficial constituent of olive leaf is the phytochemical oleuropein, which supports the body's ability to fight infection, and maintains the ability to interfere with amino acid production that viruses need to reproduce in the body. Olive leaf also supports immune response. Many flavonoids in olive leaf extract have been shown to support the body's normal response to inflammation.
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf: Another botanical known for supporting healthy circulation, ginkgo maintains healthy blood flow to tissues and organs, supports against oxidative cell damage from free radicals and counter effects of unwanted blood platelet aggregation (blood clotting) that are implicated in the development of a number of health issues, including cardiovascular and renal disorders.
Available in 90 Capsules
Still have a question about this product? Click here to send us your product questions or comments by email.Only Natural Pet brand products are 100% Guaranteed!
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Shipping Weight: 0.14
Active Ingredients per Capsule
Cranberry Juice Extract 50 mg
Marshmallow Root (Althaea officinalis) 40 mg
Astragalus Root 30 mg
Rehmannia Root Cooked (Rehmannia rutinosa) 30 mg
Hawthorn Berries (Crataegus oxyacantha) 25 mg
Corn Silk (Zea mays) 25mg
Olive Leaf (Olea europaea) 20 mg
Ginkgo Biloba Leaf 15 mg
Inactive Ingredients - Beef Liver Flavor, Di Calcium Phosphate, Gelatin Capsule, Magnesium Stearate
Capsules may be opened and contents mixed with food.
|Pet Type ||Weight ||Daily Dosage|
|Cat ||All ||2 Capsules Daily Divided Between the AM & PM|
|Dog ||Under 10 lbs ||2 Capsules Daily Divided Between the AM & PM|
| ||10 lbs - 25 lbs ||3 Capsules Daily Divided Between the AM & PM|
| ||25 lbs - 50 lbs ||4 Capsules Daily Divided Between the AM & PM|
| ||50 lbs - 100 lbs ||5 Capsules Daily Divided Between the AM & PM|
| ||Over 100 lbs ||6 Capsules Daily Divided Between the AM & PM|
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven.
- If animal’s condition worsens discontinue use and consult your veterinarian.
- Consult with your veterinarian before using this product if your pet is on heart medication, or has a history of any medical condition.