Only Natural Pet Senior Formula is an herbal formula designed to support health and maintain vitality in senior dogs and cats with nourishing botanical ingredients.
The Only Natural Pet Senior Formula is designed to help to support health and maintain vitality in senior dogs and cats as a nourishing formula for the major body systems. The herbs in this formula were chosen for their nutritive and antioxidant properties as well as their detoxification actions, to help older animals maintain proper physical and mental functioning.
Herbs and Properties for Which They Were Selected
- Beet Root (Beta vulgaris) supports cellular respiration rate, and is rich in trace minerals and other nourishing co-factors. It is high in B vitamins, potassium, antioxidants, and fiber. Betaine, one of the compounds found in beet root, is known to protect proteins, enzymes, cells, and organs from environmental stress; aid liver function; and increase stamina.
- Cayenne Fruit 90m (Capsicum annuum) is a powerful antioxidant that reduces inflammation; improves blood circulation; has many positive effects on the digestive system; increases the appetite; and stimulates overall metabolism. It is particularly beneficial to the lungs, kidneys, pancreas, heart, and stomach; and it specifically protects the nervous system from common degenerative disorders of aging.
- Fo-ti Root (Polygonum multiflorum) is a tonic herb and a rich source of the powerful antioxidant resveretrol, which aids the immune system in fighting viruses and bacteria; and it also provides several important vitamins and trace minerals. It has been shown to protect against the free radicals that contribute to aging, as well as against damage from mercury, cadmium, and other heavy metals. It also rejuvenates the nerves, brain, and endocrine system.
- Gingko Leaf (Gingko Biloba) is well-known for its positive effects on the brain, but it also contains flavonoid antioxidants that protect the nerves, eyes, heart and circulatory system. It helps maintain the healthy flow of blood to all tissues and organs. It specifically improves blood flow to the brain, which may be helpful in reducing the effects of aging on mood, cognition and memory.
- Gotu Kola Herb (Centella asiatica) has been shown to reduce oxidative stress, which is the major contributor to disorders of aging. It improves mental function; increases energy; protects the liver; and helps eliminate toxic heavy metals. It is also a powerful stress-fighter that helps reduce anxiety and calms the nervous system.
- Hawthorn Fruit (Crataegus laevigata) stimulates the heart and is beneficial for the kidneys, digestive system, and liver. It helps moderate blood pressure. It contains proanthocyanidin, a potent antioxidant. Traditionally, hawthorn has also been used to relieve anxiety, a common problem in older animals.
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) is high in silica and supports healthy skin and eyes as well as strong teeth, bones, hair and nails. It is a mild diuretic with excellent antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. It chelates heavy metals, and protects against damage to DNA and the nervous system.
- Iceland Moss (Cetraria islandica) is a lichen that contains mucilage, a compound that soothes mucous membranes; in particular, the lining of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tracts, where it can relieve irritation. It is also very nutritious, and has a tonic effect on the entire body system. Iceland Moss contains usnic acid, which has been shown to have excellent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Kelp (Laminaria digitata) is abundant in calcium, chlorine, potassium, magnesium, and trace minerals. It contains chlorophyll, a powerful antioxidant; mucilage, which helps soothe and protect mucous membranes; lignins, a source of fiber that benefits heart health; and sodium alginate, which is known for its ability to bind and eliminate radioactive particles.
- Milk Thistle Seed (Silybum marianum) is an excellent liver cleanser that aids the body in normal detoxification processes. The primary active ingredient, silymarin, has been extensively studied around the world, and is safe and effective in treating a variety of liver diseases and other conditions. It protects the liver against toxic drugs and heavy metals. It has specific protective action against molds, including aflatoxin—a common contaminant in corn-based pet foods. Silymarin stimulates protein synthesis, and encourages growth of new liver cells to replace those that are dead or damaged. It also has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Oat Straw Tops (Avena sativa) has a high silica content that maintains the metabolism of calcium. It provides all the flavor and healthy benefits of oats—without the starchy carbohydrates. Oat straw has anti-aging properties; aids the immune system in fighting bacteria, viruses and fungi; calms the GI system; and moderates blood pressure—an important consideration for older pets.
- Parsley Root (Petroselinum sativum) is known as a diuretic, and has mild laxative properties. It is a good source of Vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium, and potassium. It has antibacterial, antiinflammatory, and antioxidant properties, and is considered to be a good kidney tonic. It may be helpful for calcium oxalate crystals and stones in the urinary system. As a bonus, parsley freshens the breath and reduces intestinal gas.
- Red Clover Flower (Trifolium pratense) is an excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory herb with antiviral and antibacterial properties. It helps stabilize heart rhythms and blood pressure; protects the liver; reduces swelling; balances hormones; protects DNA; and helps older animals cope with stress.
- Watercress Plant (Nasturtium officinalis) a cleansing herb that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, including Vitamin C. It has traditionally been used for irritation or inflammation of the respiratory and urinary systems. It also has antibacterial properties. Watercress calms the stomach and stimulates the appetite. It stimulates red blood cell production, supports immune system function, and helps the body bind and elimination heavy metals and other toxins.
Available in 2 oz. and 4 oz. bottles. Each 2 oz bottle contains approximately 1,050 drops, and each 4 oz bottle contains approximately 2,100 drops of the formula.
About Only Natural Pet Herbal Remedies
Our Only Natural Pet Herbal Remedies have evolved from the work of holistic veterinarians and experienced herbalists to bring you a wide selection of natural health care products for your animal companion. Herbal formulas are easy to administer and easy for your pet to assimilate, making these treatments both simple and effective. Herbs are also great natural sources of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, enzymes, and many other nourishing substances.
Only the finest herbs are used in our formulas, and the careful selection and blending of these herbs helps them interact synergistically for stronger, more beneficial effects. Nothing is more natural than harnessing the healing powers of the herbs and flowers around us. When ill or injured, animals in the wild have an uncanny ability to seek out and eat plants with properties that will help them heal.
Natural therapies like our herbal formulas do not just attack the symptoms of a disorder. Instead they rebuild your companion’s total health and facilitate their body’s innate ability to heal itself. When natural remedies are used in conjunction with a nutritious diet, your pet can enjoy a healthier life.
The effectiveness of Senior Herbal Formula, as with ANY herbal or natural remedy, varies with the health of the animal. An animal being fed a high quality diet with adequate vitamins and enzymes will respond better than an animal on a poor quality diet. Each animal’s system needs support in healing from within.
Please see our article, "What You Need to Know About Your Pet’s Food" for information about feeding the best quality diet.
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Active Ingredients - Beta Vulgaris, Capsicum Annuum, Polygonum Multifelrum, Gingko Biloba, Centella Asiatica, Crataegus laevigata, Equisetum Arvense, Cetraria Islandica, Silybum marianum, Avena Sativa, Petroselinum Sativum, Trifolium Pratense, Nasturtium Officinalis
Other Ingredients - Glycerin, Agave (nectar), Purified water
- This tincture may be mixed with food using up to 1/2 cup of warm water.
- The formula may be given in 2 doses per day if giving it in 3 doses is problematic.
For Dogs and Cats - 3 times per day, give 1 drop for every 2 pounds of body weight up to 50 pounds, plus 1 drop for every 4 pounds of body weight over 50 pounds. For example, a 70 lb. dog would be given 25 drops + 5 drops = 30 drops, three times each day (total 90 drops).