The skin is one of the most vital organs of the body and one most likely to reflect your pet’s state of overall health. It’s true that environmental factors like humidity, fleas, and fungus can affect your dog’s or cat’s skin, but skin disorders can also appear when your companion is struggling with an issue inside the body, like allergies, digestive problems, or difficulty eliminating waste or toxins.
Only Natural Pet Skin Wellness was designed to help your pets feel good in their skin. It supports healthy skin by promoting a healthy inflammatory response and facilitating recovery from skin imbalances. This formula also supports skin health at a deeper system level by facilitating removal of wastes from the body and supporting healthy circulatory functions. The carefully selected ingredients in Skin Wellness work synergistically to:
- Maintain healthy skin tissues
- Ease physical signs present in a variety of skin disorders
- Aid normal detoxification processes for healthy response to inflammation
- Support the body’s repair of skin tissues once irritations subside
- Promote temperature and moisture balance in accordance with principles of Chinese medicine
- MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane): MSM is a natural sulfonyl (sulfur) compound produced in the fluids and tissues of all living creatures. MSM maintains a healthy inflammation response, supports proper circulation, and maintains cell wall respiration by moving nutrients and oxygen into cells and waste toxins out.
- Rehmannia Root Raw (Rehmannia rutinosa): In Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), Rehmannia (shu di huang) is used to support the blood and maintain the vital essence and marrow. It addresses system issues TCM commonly relates to skin disorders, namely syndromes of excessive heat in the blood, impairment of body fluid generation and Yin-deficiency in all channels.
- Buplerum Root: Buplerum is one of the most important herbs used in Chinese medicine. It is useful to maintain liver balance, heat and digestive disturbances because of its detoxifying properties. Buplerum has the ability, when combined with other herbs to clear stagnation virtually anywhere in the body. Buplerum serves the purposes of relieving blocks, imbalances and tension while eliminating toxins.
- Sarsaparilla Root (Smilax officinalis): Sarsaparilla has been used worldwide for support against many skin related health issues. Clinical research has validated the traditional use of sarsaparilla for various skin conditions. Individuals with some skin conditions have been found to have high levels of endotoxins (toxic cell wall fragments found in normal gut bacteria) circulating in the bloodstream. Sarsaponin, one of sarsaparilla's main steroids, was found to support binding of these endotoxins and maintain the removal them from the blood, with resulting support of skin health.
- Yellow Dock Root (Rumex crispus): Yellow Dock has blood supporting properties and this makes it an outstanding herb for all skin issues associated with impurities in the blood. Yellow Dock facilitates in resolving skin disorders, poison ivy, and other rashes. It is useful in maintaining a normal lymph gland, which facilitates normal flow of lymph fluid to carry waste from the bloodstream. Yellow Dock is also used to maintain healthy digestive balance and healthy liver function. It supports the production of bile and digestive fluids, which helps to support the bowels for proper elimination.
- Red Clover Blossoms (Trifolium pretense): Red clover is thought to "purify" the blood in part by supporting circulation and maintaining the secretion of bile. This herbal extract supports cleansesing the blood and lymph, maintains clear skin, and supports healthy inflammation response in skin. Red clover is a source of many valuable skin-nourishing health co-factors including calcium, chromium, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, thiamine, and vitamin C.
- Burdock Root (Arctium lappa): Traditional herbal medicine denotes Burdock as “nature's best blood purifier," commonly used to support cleansing the bloodstream of toxins. Burdock is also used in supporting dry and scaly skin disorders such as psoriasis, dandruff, and eczema, particularly when they are caused by a general systemic imbalance. It is invaluable for its support in cleansing and purifying, especially when there is a buildup of toxins leading to skin problems and digestive sluggishness. Burdock is also noted for releasing fluid retention and as a natural antimicrobial.
- Cleavers Whole Herb (Galium aparine): Cleavers is an herb used to support the lymphatic system and to maintain in the removal of metabolic waste from congested lymph nodes and body tissues. This herb is especially helpful for supporting the body's ability to handle chronic swelling and congestion of lymph glands and skin disorders. Cleavers maintains the blood in a healthy detoxification process as well as supporting the body to reduce fluid retention.
- Calendula Flowers (Calendula officinalis): When looking for an herb to support in soothing skin or wounds, herbalists turn to Calendula for its long history of use as a skin-soothing botanical. This lovely marigold-like flower is known as a substance that supports healing. Calendula also maintains a healthy inflammatory response and antimicrobial activity. Calendula extract is known for supporting the reversal of numerous skin and tissue conditions. Calendula supports in soothing irritations and maintaining elasticity and promotes new tissue growth.
- Horsetail Herb (Equisetum arvense): The Horsetail plant contains the highest amount of silica of all known herbs. Silica is found in connective tissues throughout the body and is important in the building and repair of healthy connective tissues and skin. It has also been used to reduce fluid retention.
- Chinese Rhubarb Root (Rheum officinale): Rhubarb root has properties that make it a highly effective elimination stimulant. Its astringent qualities help to support bowel tone after it has purged the intestines, making it an excellent agent for supporting the tone and health of the digestive tract. Skin eruptions caused by problems in elimination are also addressed by rhubarb root.
- Dong Quai Root (Angelica sinensis): Dong Quai is used in TCM to nourish the blood, which will in turn nourish the skin to facilitate recovery of skin tissues. If Ginseng is known as the “king” of Chinese herbs, Dong Quai is the “queen.” It is traditionally used as a potent and effective blood builder and blood tonic, maintaining healthy circulation.
This product was made in a FDA approved facility using human-grade ingredients.
Available in 90 chewable tablets.
Still have a question about this product? Click here to send us your product questions or comments by email.
Tablets too big for your pet? Try the All-in-One Pill Crusher & Splitter.
Review Rating: 3.5
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Shipping Weight: 0.5
Active Ingredients (per tablet)
MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane) 200 mg
Rehmannia Root Raw (Rehmannia rutinosa) 50 mg
Buplerum Root 50 mg
Sarsaparilla Root (Smilax officinalis) 50 mg
Yellow Dock Root (Rumex crispus) 50 mg
Red Clover Blossoms (Trifolium pretense) 50 mg
Burdock Root (Arctium lappa) 50 mg
Cleavers Whole Herb & Flowers (Galium aparine) 50 mg
Calendula Flowers (Calendula officinalis) 50 mg
Horsetail Herb (Equisetum arvense) 50 mg
Rhubarb Root (Rheum officinale) 30 mg
Dong Quai Root (Angelica sinensis) 25 mg
Inactive Ingredients - Beef Liver Flavor, Di Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate, Maltodextrin Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose
Tablets may be crushed and mixed with food.
|Pet Type ||Weight ||Dosage|
|Cat ||All ||1/2 Tablet Twice Daily|
|Dog ||Under 10 lbs ||1/2 Tablet Twice Daily|
| ||10 - 25 lbs ||1 Tablet Twice Daily|
| ||25 - 50 lbs ||2 Tablets Twice Daily|
| ||50 - 100 lbs ||3 Tablets Twice Daily|
| ||Over 100 lbs ||4 Tablets Twice Daily|
For animal use only. Do not use if product appears tamperedwith. Keep product out of reach of children and pets to avoid unintendedconsumption. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professionalimmediately.