PetAlive AmazaPet is a 100% natural blend of herbal and homeopathic ingredients specially selected for the treatment of asthma in pets. Presented in convenient lactose tablets, AmazaPet is easy to administer without fussing or fighting. Contains no gluten, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
Asthma is not just a human disease and can also affect animals, including dogs and cats. When your pet suffers an asthma attack, it is due to inflammation and spasm of the airways as well as excessive production of mucus. This leads to difficulty in breathing.
Use PetAlive AmazaPet To
- Reduce the frequency and severity of pet asthma attacks
- Improve respiratory functioning
- Reduce allergic reactions in pets
- Reduce respiratory problems and asthma linked to stress and anxiety
- Relax bronchioles and prevent bronchospasm
How will I know if my pet has asthma?
The sign that most pet owners first notice is coughing. Your pet may also develop wheezing, a whistling sound produced by air traveling through narrowed airways. This sound is usually loudest as your pet exhales. In a severe asthma attack, respiratory distress may occur. Your pet may begin breathing with difficulty through the mouth and you may notice a purple color to the tongue and gums due to a lack of oxygen reaching the blood. This indicates an emergency and your pet should receive medical attention right away.
Dogs and cats of any age can get asthma, but it occurs more commonly in cats and in young or middle-aged pets. Asthma is particularly common in Siamese and Himalayan cat breeds. During an episode of asthma you may notice your pet’s breathing is shallow, rapid and labored. You may also notice that your cat or dog has to put a lot of effort into inhaling and exhaling and you may see the abdomen moving in and out quite dramatically.
In less severe cases, the only symptom of asthma can be a chronic cough. Especially in cats, this is often confused with hairballs. Some pets lose weight and become lethargic. However, most pets with asthma seem quite normal in between attacks.
To diagnose asthma, your vet will probably need to take a chest X-ray and possibly other tests to rule out other respiratory conditions.
What causes asthma?
Triggers for asthma in pets may include tobacco smoke, pollution, dust from litter trays, stress and cold air. Just like humans, pets may also be sensitive to certain foods, as well as food additives like preservatives and colorants. Some holistic vets believe that multiple vaccinations and commercial pet foods can compromise your pet's immune system, making him/her more susceptible to allergies, including asthma.
How is asthma usually treated?
Conventional treatment of asthma in pets usually consists of steroid drugs to reduce inflammation, antihistamines to control the allergic component of asthma and bronchodilators to open up the airways in an attack. Though these drugs can be effective in preventing asthma attacks and for acute relief, as with most synthetic drugs, long-term side-effects and further reduction in immune system functioning are almost inevitable.
How can natural remedies help?
As in humans, a strong immune system can play a vital role in helping to control pets’ symptoms of asthma and to strengthen the body's defenses against environmental triggers.
Herbal and homeopathic asthma treatment can be extremely effective in pets. Depending on the severity of the asthma, they can reduce or even eliminate the need for the synthetic drugs. Natural remedies may also be used to complement conventional treatment of asthma. Natural remedies are gently effective without the side effects or other complications that often accompany conventional drugs.
100% Natural Ingredients
- Inula helenium (Elecampane) has been used by herbalists for centuries to treat coughs, bronchitis, asthma and whooping cough. Elecampane has also been used historically to treat poor digestion and general complaints of the intestinal tract. The flowers of this herb were used in Oriental medicine, to treat all conditions producing excessive phlegm.
- Althea officinalis (Marshmallow) is an effective treatment for bronchitis, respiratory catarrh, irritating coughs and infections. This soothing herb helps to reduce all types of inflammation and will relieve dry coughs, bronchial asthma and sore throats as well as digestive complaints.
- Mag. phos. (D6) is a biochemic tissue salt used for rapid easing of a tight chest and as an antispasmodic for constricted airways. Mag. phos. is also a natural painkiller and is often used to treat cramping pains.
- Kali. mur. (D6) is another biochemic tissue salt. Kali. mur. is well-known for its mucus-decongesting properties. This soothing and anti-inflammatory remedy also prevents infections of the respiratory tract, improves liver functioning and strengthens blood and nerve tissue.
- Arsen. alb. (30C) is a homeopathic remedy effective for treating acute bronchospasm and dry throat associated with cold air in the early mornings. Arsen alb. is also useful for a variety of other conditions including inflammation of the eyes, sneezing and allergies, skin conditions and general restlessness.
- Phosphorus (30C) is a well known remedy for the respiratory conditions of asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, tightness in chest, dry lingering coughs and deep coughs. Phosphorus is also used homeopathically to treat and prevent respiratory problems linked to stress or anxiety.
Available in 125 tablets. One bottle of 125 tablets will last between one and 6 weeks or more, depending on the size and dosage needs of your pet.
Active Ingredients - Each does contains equal parts of: Althea 2x HPUS, Arsenicum alb 30C HPUS, Inula 2x HPUS, Kali mur 6x HPUS, Mag phos 8x HPUS, Phos 30c HPUS
Inactive Ingredients - Acacia gum, lactose, magnesium sterate, corn starch, sucrose