PetAlive Ear Dr. contains a blend of natural, herbal ingredients in a medicinal olive oil base, all specially selected to treat and prevent ear infections and ear mites without the side effects of prescription drugs or the health and environmental risks associated with commercial synthetic pesticides. Ear Dr. can provide safe yet effective relief from your pet's ear problems and helps to prevent the spread of mites from one pet to another.
Use PetAlive Ear Dr. To
- Treat ear infections in dogs, cats and other pets
- Treat ear mite infestation
- Reduce inflammation of the ears
- Reduce pain, itching and discomfort and prevent constant scratching of ears
Signs and symptoms of ear problems in pets
Ear infections are very common amongst cats and dogs and can cause severe irritation and discomfort in your beloved pet. Some animals, particularly hounds, are more susceptible to ear infections than others due to the particular structure of their outer ears.
Common signs of ear infection are
- Shaking of the head and ears
- Scratching or rubbing the ears and face
- Discharge or even bleeding from the ears
- Foul smell coming from the ears
- Sensitivity to touching in the ear area
- General irritability
There are a number of causes of ear infection and common culprits include bacteria, yeasts and mites. Less commonly, allergies may have a role to play in inflammation and subsequent infection of the ears.
What are ear mites?
Ear mites, or Otodectes cynotis, are small, parasitic creatures that usually live in the ears of your pets causing severe itching and inflammation. These mites can also live on the head or body of dogs and cats with the same effects. They are often large enough to see with the naked eye, can live off a pet’s skin for some time and are very mobile, allowing easy movement between host animals. These mites are highly contagious and will spread between pets in the same household very easily. They may affect both cats and dogs and even humans may pick up these little critters. Secondary infections in pets with ear mites are common and generally involve bacteria or yeasts.
100% Natural Ingredients Extracted in a Medicinal Olive Oil Base
- Melaleuca alternifolia is also known as Tea Tree Oil and is widely used for external inflammation and to treat various skin conditions. This oil has outstanding anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and healing properties. Tea Tree Oil will soothe and reduce inflammation in the ear as well as treat any bacterial, fungal or mite infection that is present.
- Rosmarinus officinale (Rosemary) is well-known as a topical pain reliever and antiseptic/disinfectant herb. Several of the compounds in rosemary have also been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Calendula officinalis (Marigold) is an herbal ingredient used to treat skin problems and promote healing of wounds. It is an excellent anti-inflammatory and prevents infection with its anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. Marigold has been shown to assist the regeneration of damaged skin tissue.
- Verbascum thapsus is an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic herb. Verbascum thapsus is also good for healing of skin when applied topically and has a long history of use for ear conditions and in ear drops.
Contains no gluten, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
Available in 30 ml. One 30 ml bottle of Ear Dr. will last for 20-40 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.
This item is not available for shipment to California.
Review Rating: 3
Availability: This item is not available for shipment to California.
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Native Remedies
Shipping Weight: 0.4
Ingredients - Calendula (Calendula officinals) (flower), Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) (flower), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) (leaf), Tea tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Other Ingredients Extra virgin olive oil
- Hold your pet's head gently to one side and allow the drops to fall into the ear canal.
- Massage gently to spread the oil into the ear canal.
- Repeat 2 - 3 times daily for at least 7 - 10 days.
- Re-apply at the very first signs of re-infection.
- In the case of chronic ear problems, apply once or twice weekly as a preventative.
|Pet Type ||Daily Dosage|
|Cats & Small Dogs ||2 - 3 Drops in the affected ear|
|Medium to Large dogs ||3 - 5 Drops in the affected ear|
- For external use only.
- Please consult your veterinarian should symptoms persist.
How long until I see results?
Improvement in discomfort, itchiness and pain should begin almost immediately after applying the drops and will continue to improve over 1-3 weeks of regular use.