PetAlive Gumz-n-Teeth promotes healthy teeth and gums in all pets. Gumz-n-Teeth is a 100% safe proprietary blend of natural and herbal ingredients in an internal formula for supporting general dental health in pets. This formula also has a positive effect of systemic functioning as a whole.
- To promote healthy teeth and gums
- To support the immune system
- To maintain health in bones and teeth
- To support gum health
- As a general nutritional supplement
Dental health in pets
Maintaining your pet’s dental health is a very important part of caring for your pet. Calculus is the brown build-up of plaque found extending downwards on the tooth from the gum line. Calculus is a haven for bacteria which can have serious consequences for your pet’s general health. These bacteria can not only cause abscesses and tooth loss but can have further effects - even resulting in organ damage as the bacteria are carried from the mouth through the bloodstream.
Dogs and cats make much fuller use of their teeth than humans do - using them in ways we usually use our hands. It stands to reason, therefore, that maintaining canine and feline dental health is essential to their well-being (and of course pets can’t wear dentures!). Therefore, the best thing you can do for your dog or cat’s dental health is to embark on a prevention program and look out for your pet’s teeth and gums before it’s too late.
The natural way
Bad breath is usually the first indication that your pet’s teeth and gums need attention. Bacteria in the mouth and the development of calculus produce foul-smelling breath in pets. Regular inspection of the teeth is also a good idea to establish your pet’s level of dental health. Normal teeth in pets are shiny white all the way to the line of the gum. Any deposits or build up of a dark yellow or brown substance on the teeth, especially near the gum line, indicates a problem with calculus.
Chewing on hard food generally cleanses the teeth of calculus, especially the tips of the teeth. However, be aware that the gum line is slightly indented and can harbor the calculus-causing bacteria for months on end without being affected by your pet’s eating. The gums should appear a healthy pink color and there should be a clear delineation between gums and teeth.
- Spirulina (Arthrospira platenis) is a single celled micro-organism found in the sea and known to be an excellent source of chlorophyll. Widely used for its nutritive properties, Spirulina contains protein, vitamins (including B12 and folic acid) and carotenoids. Spirulina also makes vitamin A available for use in the body. Vitamin A is essential for healthy eyes, teeth and immune functioning. This sea algae has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years as a tonic to boost energy, support liver and immune system functioning, and general systemic health. Human studies have shown Spirulina to promote oral health in particular
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) helps to support healthy body tissue due to its high silica content. Silica is essential in the maintenance of healthy and strong teeth, skin, bones, claws and fur and is the main component in all connective body tissues including the myelin sheaths around nerve cells and the membranes of the brain and spinal cord. It also contains health promoting compounds called sterols
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is known to contain bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on saliva production in the mouth. It is also a source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. These vitamins and minerals are all essential for the health of the digestive system, bones, teeth and gums.
- Silica (6C) is a biochemic tissue salt which has a unique ability to cleanse the cells of toxins and purify the body. Silica is naturally occurring in the body, especially in hair, nails, skin, nerve sheaths and all mucous membranes, including the mouth and digestive tract. This biochemic tissue salt is also frequently prescribed for gum health. Silica acts as a natural cleanser and purifier and will also eliminate all foreign matter in the body. For this reason Silica should not be used for pets with any type of prosthesis, metal plates, pins or artificial tubes in the body.
- Calc flor (6C) is a biochemic tissue salt which is important for healthy teeth, skin and bones. Calc. fluoride is also useful for teething pets. It is found in the enamel of teeth and bone surfaces and is excellent for maintaining the health and integrity of teeth.
- Calc phos (6C) is a biochemic tissue salt useful for healthy teeth and gums and is particularly important in times of growth and development. This salt is found in the bones, connective tissue, teeth etc. and is necessary for supporting the strength/solidity of these tissues. Calc phos is excellent for supporting healthy circulation, bones and teeth.
Native Remedies' Pet Alive products are created using a Full Spectrum Approach (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combine the best quality, laboratory tested, raw ingredients, Good Manufacturing Practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness.
PetAlive products are not tested on animals and individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
Available in 60 capsules. One bottle of Gumz-n-Teeth contains 60 capsules and will last between 15 and 60 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Native Remedies
Shipping Weight: 0.2
Active Ingredients - Spirulina, Horsetail (herb), Dandelion (leaf), Silica 6C, Calc flor 6C, Calc phos 6C
Other Ingredients - Vegetable cellulose, lactose
Capsules may be swallowed whole or opened and mixed with a little food.
|Pet Type ||Daily Dosage|
|Cats & Small Dogs ||1/2 Tablet Twice Daily|
|Small to Medium Dogs ||One Tablet Twice Daily|
|Medium to Large dogs ||One to Two Tablets Twice Daily|
How long until I see results?
Regular use will support health of teeth and gums and as well as general systemic health. Individual response times may vary according to a variety of factors. However, you should begin to notice a gradual improvement in the health of your pet’s teeth, gums and breath within 3-6 weeks of regular use.
While conventional medicine works by often treating the symptoms in your pet, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in their body to support systemic health, relieve ailments, and help prevent future disease. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support the overall health and functioning in your pet, rather than just suppressing symptoms.
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways, some pets experience immediate results while many other pet owners have reported optimal benefits taking effect in their pets within 3-6 weeks. To ensure your pet receives optimum results it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support, many pets take a regular maintenance dose as part of a preventative program for continued health and well-being.
Safety during pregnancy and nursing not yet established.
The caution on the label applies to surgical implants such as plates or pins. The micro-chip in your pet's body is considered a foreign object. Gumz n Teeth contains Silica which acts as a natural cleanser and purifier and will also eliminate all foreign matter in the body. For this reason Silica should not be used for pets with any type of prosthesis, metal plates, pins or artificial tubes in the body.