This ultimate, eco-friendly dog collar is naturally dyed pure hemp - one of nature's strongest fabrics. It’s made with a nylon-reinforced plastic quick-release buckle for extra durability. You’ll find that this collar will stand up to rigorous salt-water swims, mud puddle baths, snowy romps and the occasional roll in the sand. The fleece lining ensures optimal comfort for your best friend. It's what you would wear if you were a dog! Machine wash, air dry.
- Small: 3/4" wide, adjusts from 9-13"
- Medium: 3/4" wide, adjusts from 12-19"
- Large: 1" wide, adjusts from 18-28"
Be sure to check out our matching Planet Dog Leashes.
Click here for more eco-friendly products from Planet Dog.
Facts About Hemp
Hemp is the solution to many of the problems that are facing the modern world: deforestation, acid rain, the greenhouse effect, erosion, pollutants, starvation, and limited fossil fuels. Hemp production is sustainable and can provide jobs and increased revenues to rural areas worldwide.
- Grown pesticide/herbicide-free
- 100% biodegradable
- Longer, stronger, more absorbent, and more insulative than cotton fiber
- Hemp has no illicit use - it is the equivalent of non-alcoholic beer
- Anything that can be made out of wood or plastic can be made from hemp
- Farming only 6% of the U.S. with hemp could produce enough energy to end America's dependence on fossil fuels
- The first paper was made from hemp as well as the first draft of the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the first Gutenberg Bible
About Planet Dog
Over the past several years, Planet Dog has evolved into an award-winning, socially responsible, values-based design house. Their mission is to create, innovate and develop premium products "made for dogs, by dog lovers," while being fully dedicated to satisfying both your and your best friend's needs.
At Planet Dog, they take pride in being known as a pet industry leader with proven socially responsible initiatives that bring people and dogs together for fun and mutual support. They "romp the romp" by providing financial resources to those in need, educating consumers about canine-related issues, creating an array of non-toxic and recyclable products, and keeping the tails of their "pack" wagging.
Planet Dog's flagship initiative is the Planet Dog Foundation. The Foundation, whose philanthropic mission is to promote and celebrate programs that enable dogs to serve and support their best friends, receives 2% of every Planet Dog purchase. These vital funds, augmented by individual financial contributions and a growing endowment, are donated back to non-profit canine service programs nationwide. In 2006 alone, PDF donated more than $100,000 in cash and product donations to worthy organizations.
Planet Dog's internal mantra of "think globally, act doggedly" keeps them focused on the higher cause of why they entered this industry... wagging, drooling, sniffing, snuggling, howling, romping dogs.