Sojos Grain-Free Dog Food Mix is a healthy pre-mix that you combine with meat for easy and nutritious homemade meals for your dog. Dogs, by nature, are healthiest on fresh whole foods. Sojos is made with no preservatives, and nothing artificial. Because Sojos is grain-free, it’s great for sensitive dogs. Simply soak it in water and add the meat of your choice. You can cook the meat, or leave it raw for the superior nutrition of a raw diet, with the ease and convenience of a pre-made food. It’s a great way to give your dog a fresh, home-prepared meal in minutes. Sojos is also a great fruit & veggie supplement to Sojos' other diets.
Available in 2 lb. bags which makes 11 cups of food and 8 lb. bags which makes 44 cups of food.
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients - sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, celery, apples, whole egg, tricalcium phosphate, flax meal, parsley leaf, carob powder, dried kelp, alfalfa, ginger root, garlic, vitamin D3
Calorie Content (ME calculated, as fed) - 2925 kcal/kg
Crude Protein (min) 14.7%
Crude Fat (min) 6.5%
Crude Fiber (max) 15.4%
Moisture (max) 7.0%
Suggested Feeding Instructions
- Combine Sojos, raw or lightly-cooked meat, and water.
- Let mixture soak in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes (preferably overnight) and serve.
- You can mix up to a four-day batch ahead of time and refrigerate in a sealed container or freeze larger batches.
- For adult and senior dogs we recommend once-a-day feeding. For puppies we recommend twice-a-day feeding. (For twice-a-day feeding, split the amounts below in half.)
|Age ||Components ||Up to 12 lbs ||13 – 25 lbs ||26 -50 lbs ||51 – 75 lbs ||76 – 100 lbs|
|Adult ||Sojos ||1/4 cup ||1/2 cup ||1 cup ||1 1/2 cup ||2 cup|
| ||Meat ||2 Tbs ||1/4 cup ||1/2 cup ||3/4 cup ||1 cup|
| ||Water ||1/2 cup ||3/4 cup ||1 1/2 cup ||2 1/4 cup ||3 cup|
|Puppy ||Sojos ||1/2 cup ||1 cup ||1 1/2 cup ||2 cup ||2 1/4 cup|
| ||Meat ||1/4 cup ||1/2 cup ||3/4 cup ||1 cup ||1 1/4 cup|
| ||Water ||3/4 cup ||1 1/2 cup ||2 1/4 cup ||3 cup ||3 1/4 cup|
|Senior ||Sojos ||1/4 cup ||1/2 cup ||3/4 cup ||1 1/3 cup ||1 1/2 cup|
| ||Meat ||1 Tbs ||2 Tbs ||3 Tbs ||1/3 cup ||1/2 cup|
| ||Water ||1/2 cup ||3/4 cup ||1 cup ||2 cup ||2 1/4 cup|
- These amounts are only general guidelines. Individual requirements will vary depending upon various factors such as metabolism, daily activity, health, genetics, and environment.
- It is crucial to start your dog on Sojos gradually. We recommend at least a two-week transition (4-6 weeks for older, sick, or finicky dogs). Start with just a pinch of Sojos, meat, and water added to the food you’re currently using and gradually increase each day as you decrease your pet’s old food.
- For finicky, ill, or older dogs, convert slower, starting with just a small dollop of fresh food on top of the old food, and a gradual increase over 5-6 weeks. Soup stock can also be used instead of water.
The longer you soak Sojourner Farms -- the more digestible it becomes. A few minutes is sufficient for most pets, but some will require a longer soaking time. For best results, soak overnight. For skinny dogs, adding avocados helps to put on pounds, and try mixing in a little bit of alfalfa (which can be found at most health food stores).