Thorne Research Moducare is a blend of plant sterols and sterolins that can help promote a balanced immune system. Plant sterols – phytosterols and their glycosides (also known as phytosterolins) – are fats that are present in fruits, vegetables, and medicinal plants. Beta-sitosterol (BSS) and its glycoside (BSSG) are the most abundant of these plant sterols. BSS and BSSG, even at very low levels, have been shown to enhance the activity of various cells in the body recognized as having positive immune system activity.
- Found naturally in all fruits and vegetables
- Provides an optimal sterol:sterolin ratio based on numerous clinical studies
- Helps maintain a healthy balance of T-helper 1/T-helper 2 white blood cells
- Modulates a stress response by supporting optimal DHEA:cortisol ratios
Moducare supplementation also helps maintain a normal ratio of the adrenal hormones cortisol and DHEA, subsequently buffering negative stress responses. Moducare also improves the balance of T-helper 1 to T-helper 2 cells, as a result enhancing cellular immunity and down-regulating overactive immune responses.
Available in 90 Vegetarian Capsules
Manufacturer: Thorne Research
Shipping Weight: 0.13
Sterols (from pine) 20 mg
Sterolins (from pine) 200 mcg
Inactive Ingredients - Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide
This product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, egg, dairy products, or artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors. This product also does not contain lactose, palmitic acid, or magnesium, calcium, or vegetable stearates
- Best if taken on an empty stomach, 1 hour before meals.
- Do not take Moducare with animal fats (such as milk), as animal fats inhibit absorption.
For Cats: 1/2 - 1 capsule daily.
For Dogs: 2 capsules per 25 lbs of body weight daily.
- Ingredients in this product have not been adequately tested for use in pregnancy or lactation.
- If animal is pregnant, lactating, or might become pregnant while taking this product, consult your veterinarian before using.