While the omega-3 fatty acids have significant health benefits, the omega-6 fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA) offers similar benefits. Borage oil is a rich source of GLA (higher than evening primrose oil). Thorne Research Omega Plus provides an omega 3:6 ratio designed to provide a healthful balance of these important essential fatty acids. Because the typical diet contains significantly more omega-6 than omega-3 fatty acids, fish oils make up a greater percentage of the product.
- Promotes healthy heart and brain function
- 300 mg EPA , 200 mg DHA per softgel
- 40 mg omega-6 GLA per capsule
- Molecular distillation removes heavy metals and other potential contaminants
Studies yielding positive benefits from a combination of omega-3 fatty acids and GLA demonstrate benefits for bone health as well as the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. Studies have found a combination of GLA with EPA and DHA helps maintain already normal LDL:HDL ratios and triglyceride levels.
Omega Plus has recently been improved – it now contains a higher concentration of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. Recent technology has permitted an increase in the amount of EPA and DHA in each gelcap. This more concentrated formula provides the amounts of EPA and DHA that recent research says is warranted, without having to take extra capsules. As always, Thorne Research provides the highest quality, purest fish oil available – molecular distillation is utilized to ensure removal of cholesterol and contaminants, including PCBs and heavy metals.
Available in 90 Fish Gelatin Gel Caps.
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Thorne Research
Shipping Weight: 0.4
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) (from Fish Oil) 300 mg
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) (from Fish Oil) 200 mg
GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) (from Borage oil) 40 mg
Inactive Ingredients - Gelatin (tilapia) and Glycerin (vegetable source) Gelcap. Mixed tocopherols (Vitamin E)
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1.1 g
Saturated Fat 0.3 g
Contains ingredient derived from fish (gelcap = tilapia) (EPA/DHA = anchovy, sardine, mackerel).
For Cats - 1 Gelcap daily
For Dogs - 2 Gelcaps per 25 lbs of body weight daily
- If animal is pregnant, lactating, or might become pregnant while taking this product, consult your veterinarian before using.
- Omega-3 fatty acids can inhibit platelet aggregation, resulting in a blood-thinning effect. Therefore, this product should be used with caution in animals on anticoagulant therapy.
- Animals allergic to fish should not supplement with Omega Plus.