Vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry) is also known as European blueberry or huckleberry. Several active medicinal constituents have been isolated from the berries and leaves of the bilberry plant, including anthocyanoside flavonoids (anthocyanins), vitamins, quercetin, and catechins. The anthocyanosides are considered the most important of the pharmacologically active components, and have been shown to possess antioxidant, connective-tissue stabilizing, and blood-vessel strengthening activity. Bilberry extracts have been shown to support the body's normal inflammatory response.
- Potent antioxidant flavonoid
- Promotes healthy blood vessel function
- Special affinity for the retina
- supports night vision
The eye appears to benefit the most from this plant's various activities, as its anthocyanosides have an affinity for the pigmented epithelia of the retina, where it helps strengthen the blood vessels. Historically, bilberry has been used to promote night vision. Cardiovascular health is also supported with bilberry extract, as it has been demonstrated to reduce the oxidation of LDL cholesterol and enhance dilation of the arteries, which can result in increased blood flow.
Available in 45 Capsules.
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Thorne Research
Shipping Weight: 0.1
Bilberry extract (fruit) (Vaccinium myrtillus) 80 mg
Other Ingredients - Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule. May contain one or more of the following hypoallergenic ingredients to fill space – Silicon Dioxide, Leucine.
Please Note: This is a human supplement, not one designed specifically for pets; however, it is completely safe and effective for use on your pet. Our holistic veterinarian has reviewed and recommended the following usage instructions:
|Pet Type ||Weight (lbs) ||Daily Dosage|
|Cats ||All ||1/4 – 1/2|
|Dogs ||Under 25 ||1/2 capsule|
| ||25 - 50 ||1 capsules|
|50 - 100 ||2 capsules|
|100 + ||3 - 4 capsules|
- The label on this Thorne supplement provides dosage for humans.
- If your pet’s condition worsens or changes in any way that concerns you, discontinue use of any supplements and contact your veterinarian.
- Ingredients in this product have not been adequately tested for use in pregnancy or lactation.
- If animal is pregnant, lactating, or might become pregnant while taking this product, consult your veterinarian before using.