Offer your cat an amazingly effective, non-intrusive solution for anxiety that has already worked on thousands of dogs: Thundershirt for Cats!
How It Works
With its patent-pending design, the new Thundershirt for Cats applies gentle, constant pressure to their torso. This pressure has a dramatic calming effect for cats if they are anxious or fearful. Thundershirt has already helped thousands of dogs around the world, and is recommended by veterinarians and dog trainers alike. And the results for cats is just as impressive. Cat owners and veterinarians are amazed by the positive impact a Thundershirt can have with cats.
Thundershirt’s gentle pressure works to calm your cats, because anxiety experts believe that pressure has a calming effect on the nervous system and may release calming hormones like endorphins or oxytocins. Using pressure to relieve anxiety has been a common practicefor years. For example:
- Parents use swaddling to calm an inconsolable newborninfant.
- People with autism use pressure to relieve their persistentanxiety.
- Children with certain behavioral problems use pressureshirts and weighted vests to relax and focus.
- TTouch animal trainers use pressure to address a widevariety of anxieties.
- Veterinarians use pressure to relax cattle when they areadministering vaccinations.
Until now, there just hasn’t been a well-designed, inexpensive solution commonly used for cat anxiety. Thundershirt for Cats is changing that!
Thundershirt for Cats is:
- Drug Free
- Easy to Use
- Recommended by Vets and Trainers
Among the Thundershirt's many uses:
- Vet Visits
- Car Travel
- General Fearfulness
- Litter Box "Problems"
- Much More
The "Freeze & Flop"
When first wearing a Thundershirt, some cats will behave as if they are immobilized and may even "fall over". Don’t worry! The Thundershirt is not causing discomfort; they just need time to adjust to the new sensations. Cats are amazingly sensitive to touch and sometimes require a little more adjustment time in the beginning. But this also means that many are even more responsive than dogs to the gentle, calming pressure of a Thundershirt! Please repeat the initial conditioning (see the "Instructions" tab for more details) to address this issue.
Thundershirt for Cats is available in Heather Gray color in three sizes:
- Small: For cats with chest sizes of 9" up to 13" and weighing less than 9 lbs.
- Medium: For cats with chest sizes of 13" up to 17" and weighing from 9 to 13 lbs.
- Large: For cats with chest sizes of 17" up to 24" and weighing 13 lbs.+
Thundeshirt's return policy allows for you to open the product and test it out on your pet for up to 30 days. If you're not satisfied, return the Thundershirt in its original condition within the 30 day limit.
Country of Origin: China
Manufacturer: Thunder Shirt
After receiving your Thundershirt for Cats,we recommend following these simple steps:
- Perform the “Initial Fitting and Conditioning” as described below.
- When an anxiety trigger is likely or already present (e.g.new pet in the house), slip the Thundershirt onto your cat and observe the results. Many cats need no further treatment for many issues. Are you satisfied with the improvement you see? If not, please proceed to Step 3.
- (Not Required In Many Cases): If your cat's anxiety still needs additional treatment, we recommend integrating Thundershirt into a training program. Go to Thundershirt's FAQ for more information.
Initial Fitting & Conditioning
Thundershirt is designed to be very easy to put on and takeoff… no need for pulling anything over your cat's head or threading your cat's legs through leg holes. After you first receive your Thundershirt, we recommend the following steps while your cat is NOT in a stressful situation:
- Before putting Thundershirt on your cat for the first time,offer a small food treat to your cat using the folded Thundershirt as a "plate". Like dogs, some cats become more comfortable and trusting of something that "brings" them food or anything that they associate with food.After offering the food treat, try laying the Thundershirt gently over your cat's back WITHOUT attaching the straps. Allow the cat to remain still or to move away, even if the Thundershirt falls off.
- Next, simply follow the "Fitting Instructions" below. With the first fitting, leave Thundershirt on for 5-10 minutes.Encourage your cat to move around by engaging in play. A favorite toy or a laser pointer can be very helpful. If your cat appears to be uncomfortable or does the "Freeze & Flop" (see the "Description" tab for more details), please repeat this step 3 to 4 times for 10 to 15 minutes each time.