Wellness has redefined the world of grain-free cat food! They have developed a 50% protein diet with the most meat possible in a dry cat food while still controlling fat and mineral levels. The essence of the raw feeding philosophy is nutrient-rich, high-quality meat – and lots of it. That’s the same philosophy behind Wellness CORE. But that’s not all. This unique, grain-free formula also supports and nurtures your cat’s inside… their essence… their Core.
Since feline health requires a delicately balanced nutritional equation, we must consider that adding the most meat possible in a dry cat food will have an effect on fat, mineral and calorie levels. So to create a protein-focused diet, Wellness carefully controlled the quality and quantity of the ingredients used, and paid close attention to the individual properties of each inclusion.
If you are looking for a food with more meat, no grains and lower carbohydrates – CORE is truly a more thoughtful alternative. This diet delivers the meat content you’re looking for, while creating a balanced profile of real-foods appropriate for everyday feeding.
This is about the animal’s health and wellbeing over the long term, from the INSIDE OUT. Wellness understands the delicate balance of nutrition that is essential to feline health and this will not be compromised. CORE is the THE HEALTHIEST grain-free diet on the market today.
- Higher Protein Inclusion: CORE features the highest inclusions of meat possible in a dry cat food, with over 80% high-quality, animal protein ingredients.
- Balanced Mineral Ratios: CORE’s unique formula includes guaranteed maximums of calcium, phosphorous and magnesium with natural minerals from kelp.
- Grain Free: Free of grains, CORE also keeps carbs to a minimum. Potatoes provide fiber and help hold the food together.
- Fruits & Botanicals: Tomato Pomace and Cranberries provide valuable phytonutrients, with additional natural benefits of botanical extracts.
- Living Food With ActiCoat: After cooking, each kibble is coated with a source of live naturally-occurring micro-organisms normally found in the healthy digestive tract.
- Optimum Fat Levels: Using high quality cuts of meat helps CORE manage both fat levels and calorie content. Salmon oil and flaxseed help maintain skin and coat health.
Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl Recipe Adult Cat & Kitten Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
For Wellness CORE Canned Cat Food - Click Here!
Review Rating: 4
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients - Deboned Turkey, Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whitefish Meal, Potatoes, Salmon Meal, Natural Chicken Flavor. Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a natural source of Vitamin E), Tomato Pomace, Cranberries, Chicory Root Extract, Salmon Oil, Flaxseed, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement), Choline Chloride, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Kelp, Taurine, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Rosemary Extract
Crude Protein (min) 50.0%
Crude Fat (min) 18.0%
Crude Fiber (max) 3.0%
Moisture (max) 11.0%
Calcium (max) 1.8%
Phosphorus (max) 1.45%
Magnesium (max) 0.10%
Vitamin E (min) 400 IU/kg
Taurine (min) 0.3%
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)* (min) 200 mg/kg
Omega 6 Fatty Acid* (min) 3.50%
Omega 3 Fatty Acid* (min) 0.80%
Total Micro-Organisms* (min) 90,000,000 CFU/lb
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
Nutrient Analysis (typical value)
ME 3845 kcal/kg
Omega 6 Fatty Acids 3.6%
Omega 3 Fatty Acids 0.85%
Arachidonic Acid 0.46%
Total Micro-organisms 120,000,000 CFU/lb
Iron 255 mg/kg
Zinc 246 mg/kg
Copper 22.3 mg/kg
Manganese 21.16 mg/kg
Iodine 1.84 mg/kg
Selenium 0.49 mg/kg
Vitamin A 56000 IU/kg
Vitamin D 2053 IU/kg
Vitamin E 550 IU/kg
Vitamin K 0.1 mg/kg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 285 mg/kg
Thiamine 12.77 mg/kg
Riboflavin 10.24 mg/kg
Pyridoxine 12.11 mg/kg
Niacin 193.2 mg/kg
Pantothenic Acid 21.21 mg/kg
Folic Acid 2.1 mg/kg
Biotin 1.27 mg/kg
Vitamin B-12 71.68 mcg/kg
Choline 2700 mg/kg
Met Cystine 1.67%
Phe Tyrosine 3.68%
- Perfect for everyday feeding, mixing with other dry foods, mixing with raw, supplementing raw, or replacing raw while traveling.
- This food is highly palatable and has increased levels of protein.
- Your cat may tend to eat more of this food, so watch initially to see if you need to adjust regular eating patterns.
- Give your cat access to clean, cool fresh water at all times and feed Wellness grain-free wet cat foods in combination, whenever possible, to increase the level of water in your cat's diet.
- Optimal feeding amounts may vary with age, temperament, activity level and environment.
- Please adjust your cat's daily feeding portion using the information below as a guide.
|Age in Months ||Dry Food Alone ||Combination Feeding|
|1-2 ||1/4 - 1/3 ||1/4 + 3 oz. can |
|2-6 ||1/3 - 3/4 ||1/2 + 3 oz can |
|6-12 ||3/4 - 1 ||3/4 + 3 oz can |
For Adult Cats
|Age in Years ||Dry Food Alone ||Combination Feeding|
|4 - 7 ||1/4 - 1/2 ||1/4 + 3 oz. can |
|7 - 10 ||1/2 - 2/3 ||1/2 + 3 oz. can |
|10 - 15 ||2/3 - 3/4 ||3/4 + 3 oz can|