Urinary incontinence may be caused by an underdeveloped urinary system or may arise as a part of the aging process. Estrogen deficiency is the most common cause of incontinence in spayed female dogs and may result in weakened muscles in the bladder and sphincter causing urine leakage. Bovine ovary powder nutritionally provides natural estrogens and works synergistically with the phytoestrogens provided by licorice, wild yam and other ingredients. Research indicates that phyto-estrogens may help maintain the bladder and sphincter muscles and improve muscle tone.
Indications for Use
- Incontinence due to estrogen deficiency in spayed female dogs
- Incontinence due to early spaying that results in incontinence in young female dogs
- Incontinence due to kidney function insufficiency in female dogs.
Available in 120 tablets.
Tablets too big for your pet? Try the All-in-One Pill Crusher & Splitter.
Review Rating: 4
Country of Origin: USA
Shipping Weight: 0.7
Each Tablet Contains
Wild Yam Root 315 mg
Bee Pollen 210 mg
Rehmannia 158 mg
Angelica Sinensis (Dong Quai) 79 mg
Psoralea 79 mg
Glandalai (beef ovarian extract) 53 mg
Licorice 21 mg
Ingredients - A proprietary blend of Bone Meal, Wild Yam Root, Bee Pollen, Rehmannia, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Psoralea, Angelica Sinensis, Glandalai, Glyceryl Monostearate, Licorice, Croscarmellose Sodium, magnesium Stearate and Silica Dioxide.
- Tablets may be given orally or crumbled and mixed with moist food.
- Responses to natural dietary supplements may vary by animal.
|Weight ||Daily Dosage|
|Up to 50 lbs ||1 Tablet Twice Daily|
|50 to 75 lbs ||2 Tablet Twice Daily|
|Over 75 lbs ||3 Tablet Twice Daily|
- For pets receiving Chinese or Western herbs for the treatment of Kidney insufficiency Genesis Resources Canine Incontinence Formula can be given concurrently with most other formulas without side effects.
- As with any estrogen therapy, it is possible to have an onset of estrus, especially if DES is administered concurrently; dosages then may be adjusted downward.