Only Natural Pet Super Daily Canine Senior Formula is a daily vitamin in a large, easy to chew tablet that helps your older dog stay healthy and get the most out of their senior years. As dogs age, their bodies are less able to produce important enzymes and other key substances that younger dogs have in abundance. Lower levels of these substances can result in poor digestion, and other signs of aging like slower metabolism and stress-recovery time, skin and coat problems, and decreased overall alertness and vitality.
In addition to a complete range of vitamins and minerals, Super Daily Canine Senior Formula's tasty, chewable tablets contain amino acids, fatty acids, digestive enzymes, and antioxidants. It is a balanced, high potency formula that incorporates the key factors for optimal health of senior dogs, but which are not always found in dog food or ordinary daily vitamin formulas. Canine Senior provides over 55 synergistic factors to help maintain and rebuild health, including:
- Water and fat-soluble vitamins, including Vitamins A, C, D, E, K, and a complete and balanced Stress B-Complex, including all 11 B Vitamins in their proper ratios
- Enteric-coated digestive enzymes (in a double strength dosage) to support absorption and utilization of nutrients in your pet's diet
- Essential fatty acids (omega 3 and 6) in their proper ratios to support healthy skin and coat
- 11 vital minerals to support proper composition of body fluids, formation of red blood cells and bone, and maintenance of healthy nerve function
- Antioxidants (Vitamins A, C, E and Selenium) to support the immune system
Beyond these essentials, we also added ingredients to the Canine Senior formula to provide normal support to your pet's aging organ systems and for their psychological well-being, too. We've included the following additional co-factors and botanical extracts for their health-nourishing properties, as follows:
- Milk Thistle Extract – This botanical extract has been widely researched and is well known for its ability to support the liver and its cleansing processes. With additional antioxidant and inflammatory response supporting properties, milk thistle is a natural choice for any senior formula product.
- Phosphatidylserine – A natural phospholipid substance found in cell membranes, it plays a key role in brain functioning, and it may decline with age. Contemporary research focuses on the role that decreased levels of phosphatidylserine may play in the cognitive decline associated with aging.
- L-Glutamine – This amino acid provides fuel to the brain and helps the brain eliminate ammonia, which causes dullness and cognitive impairment. It is also used in the body to balance pH levels, nourish the cells in the intestinal lining, and assists white blood cells in performing immune functions.
- Grape Seed Extract – Grape seed contains concentrated bioflavonoids that act as powerful antioxidants. This substance has long been used in Europe to treat blood vessel disorders, and is known to block the breakdown of connective tissues in skin and joints.
- Coenzyme Q10 – This natural compound found in the body is critical for metabolism and plays a key role in maintaining healthy cardiovascular function. CoQ10 also has antioxidant properties and is known for its ability to neutralize free radicals. This powerful substance is the focus of much contemporary research for a wide range of health issues.
- Saw Palmetto Extract – Used historically by native American tribes as a general health tonic, and for its antiseptic and respiratory supportive qualities, Saw Palmetto is used in modern times for its reported hormone normalizing effects. Saw palmetto is the herbal treatment most commonly chosen for treating benign enlarged prostate conditions, and it is believed to support the body's normal inflammatory response.
- Manganese – This trace element aids enzymes in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. Manganese helps provide nourishment to the brain and nerves, and helps with coordination of brain, nerve and muscle activity throughout the body.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid, EPA & DHA - These Omega-3 fatty acids play a key role in cardiovascular wellness, including helping with regulation of blood cholesterol levels and assisting in normalizing blood pressure. Omega-3 fatty acids are also believed to support the body's normal inflammatory response offering additional joint support for aging pets.
- Bilberry Extract – Bilberry supplies a rich dose of flavonoid antioxidants. The main effective compound found in bilberry is anthocyanocide, which is believed to support vein and capillary health, and to nourish the eyes. As are other flavonoid antioxidants, bilberry is an effective free radical scavenger.
- DMG (N-dimethylglycine) – This amino acid is currently being researched for its immune supportive properties, as it is believed to assist the body’s immune response to viral and bacterial invaders. DMG is also believed to play a key role in neurological functioning.
- Inositol and Choline – Together, these co-factors play a key role in fat metabolism and aid in healthy liver functioning. Inositol is believed to help maintain psychological well being, and Choline is thought to play a role in clear thinking and memory.
- Taurine – This amino acid plays a key role in fat metabolism and while a dog’s body can create taurine, the ability to supply enough of this sulfur-rich compound may decline with age. Taurine is thought to support digestion and the body’s use of water, and to support neurological health and mental alertness. Taurine is believed to strengthen the heart and other muscles, support cardiovascular wellness, and may aid in the prevention of cataracts.
This product contains Milk Thistle, which may interfere with the update of P450 drugs.
Available in 180 flat wafer style tablets that you can break per bottle.
Still have a question about this product? Click here to send us your product questions or comments by email.
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Shipping Weight: 1.1
Active Ingredients per Tablet
L-Taurine 200 mg
Calcium (as Tricalcium Phosphate) 100 mg
L-Glutamine 50 mg
Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 50 mg
Phosphorous (as Tricalcium Phosphate) 37.5 mg
N, N-Dimethylglycine HCl 35 mg
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 25 mg
Choline (as Choline Bitartrate) 15 mg
Lecithin 15 mg
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 12.5 IU
Milk Thistle Extract 10 mg
Saw Palmetto Extract 10 mg
Phosphatidylserine 8 mg
Betaine HCl 7.5 mg
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 7.5 mg
Niacinamide 7.5 mg
D-Pantothenic Acid 7.5 mg
Inositol 7.5 mg
L-Methionine 7.5 mg
Lipase (Enteric coated) (3.75 USP units) 7.5 mg
Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 7 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 5 mg
Coenzyme Q10 5 mg
Proanthocyanidins (from Grape Seed Extract) 4.75 mg
Bromelain (Enteric coated) (1.35 GD units) 4.5 mg
Pepsin (Enteric coated) (6.75 USP units) 4.5 mg
Protease (Enteric coated) (40 HUT units) 4.5 mg
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 4.5 mg
Iron (as Amino Acid Chelate) 4.5 mg
Linoleic acid 3.75 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 3.75 mg
Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B6) 3.75 mg
Para-aminobenzoic Acid (PABA) 3.75 mg
Vitamin A (Fish Liver Oil) 900 IU
Zinc (as Zinc Gluconate) 1.5 mg
Manganese (as Manganese Amino Acid Chelate) 1 mg
Vitamin D3 (Fish Oil) 75 IU
Potassium (as Potassium Citrate) 0.375 mg
Iodine (from Kelp) 0.06 mg
Cobalt (as Cobalt Carbonate) 0.06 mg
Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 0.00525 mg
Selenium (as Sodium Selenite) 0.00525 mg
Copper (as Copper Gluconate) 0.0045 mg
Folic Acid 0.003 mg
Biotin 0.003 mg
Vitamin B12 0.003 mg
Menodione (Vitamin K1) 0.003 mg
Other Ingredients - Brewer's yeast, carrot powder, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, smoke flavor, stearic acid, xanthophyll
- If giving more than one tablet, divide between AM and PM.
- Note: If using with foods being cooked, add Super Daily tablet AFTER heating or cooking to preserve potency and enzyme activity.
|Weight ||Daily Dosage|
|Up to 20 lbs ||1 Tablet|
|20 to 70 lbs ||2 Tablets|
|Over 70 lbs ||3 Tablets|