Thorne Research Basic B Complex consists of a group of eight water-soluble compounds: thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), cobalamin (vitamin B12), folate, and biotin. Although each B vitamin is chemically distinct, they often work together in various biochemical functions throughout the body – from cellular energy production, to healthy red-blood-cell formation, to healthy neurological function. Most B vitamins, with the exception of vitamin B12, are not stored in the body; consequently, they must be acquired daily from the diet in order to maintain optimal health.
- Unlike many B vitamin products, Basic B Complex contains the active forms for enhanced bioavailability
- Basic B Complex contains an optimal balance of essential B vitamins
- Basic B Complex is yeast free
- Without preservatives, magnesium stearate, or other lubricants and diluents
- Made without flowing agents that can inhibit bioavailability
Supplementing with active B vitamins is extremely important, especially for animals that may not be able to convert non-active vitamins to their active forms in the liver because of compromised liver function, poorly functioning enzymes, digestive disturbances, or age. Dietary supplements containing these active cofactors have enhanced bioavailability, ensuring your pet gets the nutrients it needs.
Thorne's Basic B Complex contains the entire B-complex, including the activated forms of vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5'-phosphate), vitamin B6 (pyridoxal 5'-phosphate), folic acid (folinic acid and L-5-methyl-tetrahydrofolate), and vitamin B12 (adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin), as well as 80 mg choline citrate. Although choline is often grouped with the B vitamin family, it is not officially a B vitamin.
Available in 60 Vegetarian Capsules.
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Thorne Research
Shipping Weight: 0.15
Niacinamide 130 mg
Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5) 110 mg
Choline Citrate 80 mg
Thiamine (Thiamine HCl) 40 mg
Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium (Vitamin B2) 18 mg
Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate (Vitamin B6) 17.6 mg
Niacin 10 mg
Biotin 400 mcg
Folate (5-Methyl-tetrahydrofolate) 200 mcg
Folate (Calcium Folinate) 200 mcg
Adenosylcobalamin (Vitamin B12) 200 mcg
Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12) 200 mcg
Inactive Ingredients - Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, MagnesiumCitrateLaurate, Silicon Dioxide.
For Cats - 1/4 capsule daily
For Dogs - 1 Capsule per 25 lbs of body weight daily
- For listed amounts less than one capsule, open the capsule and mix powder contents with food.
- Ingredients in this product have not been adequately tested for use in pregnancy or lactation.
- If animal is pregnant, lactating, or might become pregnant while taking this product, consult your veterinarian before using.