Wellness has redefined the world of grain-free, high-protein dog food! CORE Original Formula is a more thoughtful alternative to grain-free diets in the marketplace delivering the meat content consumers are looking for, without the excess fat, calories or minerals their dog doesn’t need. CORE is a grain-free choice for dogs over 1 year who need to maintain optimal daily health.
What is Protein-focused Nutrition?
Wellness CORE is based on the raw feeding philosophy of providing nutrient-rich, high-quality meat to a dog’s diet. Each grain-free kibble is packed with meat from deboned turkey and chicken, turkey meal, chicken meal, whitefish meal and chicken liver along with a proprietary blend of fruits, vegetables, oils, botanicals that nurture your dog to the core.
Why is CORE different?
In a word…balance. When you add more meat to your dog’s daily feeding program, you also add more protein, fat, calcium, phosphorus and calories. And since daily health requires a delicate nutritional equation, these levels must be managed to create balance, not excess-especially when fed everyday as the sole source of your pet’s nutrition.
More Meat from Only the Highest Quality, Human-Grade Sources
- 80% more meat than traditional dog foods that are formulated with grains, while still controlling mineral and fat levels!
- 5 Different Animal Protein Sources - USDA grade, Ethoxyquin-free, Deboned Turkey & Chicken and with high quality (low Ash) Turkey & Chicken Meals and Chicken Liver
Grain-Free and Lower Carbohydrates
- 100% Grain Free
- Contains 35% less carbs than traditional Reduced Fat diets
- Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes provide energy giving carbs and help keep the kibble firm
Carefully Regulated Mineral Levels to Support Overall Metabolic Function
- Controlled minerals by using expensive lower ash, higher-quality meats that are carefully chosen and screened for the calcium and phosphorus levels
- High levels of Calcium and Phosphorus interfere with the absorption of trace minerals like Zinc and Iron. Over time, this can lead to deficiencies and result in poor growth rates, skin lesions, and red blood cell levels and many other health conditions
- Guaranteed maximum levels of calcium and phosphorus on every bag, unlike competitors who either do not list these numbers in the GA or simply put minimum amounts where actual levels can fluctuate above AAFCO maximums
Preventative Health Benefits
- Fish & Flax Omega Blend provide a rich supply of Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids from salmon oil, flax and canola oil. This blend nutritionally supports healthy skin to produce a glossy coat at guaranteed levels on every bag.
- Herbs, Botanicals, Fruits & Greens provide Phyto-Chemicals, Micro-Nutrients and Antioxidants
- Living Food - Our ActiCoat System applies living, heat-sensitive Probiotic micro-organisms after cooking to support digestive health at a guaranteed levels on every bag
- Hip & Joint Health – Glucosamine and Chondroitin to help support long term bone and joint health at guaranteed levels on every bag
- Real meat provides the all natural mouth-watering taste that dogs love
Designed for Everyday Feeding
- Carefully controlling the levels of fat, calories and minerals support the most important part of an animal...the CORE and allow the pet parent to safely feed everyday
- Great for dogs of all lifestyles: for working and highly active dogs or dogs with a more sedentary lifestyle.
Comprehensive “NO” List
- No Meat By-products, No Wheat or Wheat Gluten, No Soy, No Dairy, No Corn, No Artificial Colors, Flavors or Preservatives
Wellness CORE Original Formula Adult Dog Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AFFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance.
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients - Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Potatoes, Dried Ground Potatoes, Pea Fiber, Whitefish Meal, Tomato Pomace, Natural Chicken Flavor, Chicken Liver, Salmon Oil, Flaxseed, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Kale, Broccoli, Spinach, Parsley, Apples, Blueberries, Vitamins, Minerals, Choline Chloride, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Lactobacillus plantarum, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract
Calories Analysis (on an as fed basis)
350 cal/cup ME
Crude Protein (min) 33%
Crude Fat (min) 9%
Crude Fat (max) 10%
Crude Fiber (max) 8.5%
Moisture (max) 10%
Calcium (max) 1.9%
Phosphorus (max) 1.3%
Vitamin E (min) 500 IU/kg
Omega 6 Fatty Acids* (min) 2.2%
Omega 3 Fatty Acids* (min) 0.50%
Glucosamin Hydrochloride* (min) 250 mg/kg
Chondroitin Sulfate* (min) 200 mg/kg
Beta-carotene (min) 5 mg/kg
Total Micro-organisms* (min) 80,000,000 CFU/lb
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
When to feed CORE
Perfect for everyday feeding, mixing with raw, supplementing raw or replacing raw while traveling.
Who Should Eat CORE
The nutrient levels of this food are appropriate for adult dogs over 1 year. We do not recommend feeding this formula to puppies as they have special nutritional requirements during their growth stage. Please try our Wellness Puppy Food to meet these unique needs.
How to Feed CORE
- CORE is highly palatable, so your dog may tend to eat more of this food.
- Watch initially to see if you need to adjust regular eating patterns.
- Please give your dog access to clean, cool fresh water at all times.
- It is important to slowly transition your dog from his/her current diet as it takes awhile for the body to adapt to the new nutrient levels.
- To transition, gradually mix in the new food over a 5-7 day period, increasing the amount of Wellness CORE each day, so that you are feeding 100% new food by day 7.
- Based on a standard 8 oz. dry measuring cup
- Optimal feeding amounts may vary with age, size and activity level.
- Please use the information below as an initial recommendation only.
- If feeding with wet food, reduce dry amount fed by œ cup, for every 6.0 oz. of wet food.
|Weight of Dog ||Cups per Day|
|5 - 20 ||1/4 - 1 1/4|
|20 - 35 ||1 1/4 - 1 3/4|
|35 - 50 ||1 3/4 - 2 1/4|
|50 - 65 ||2 1/4 - 2 3/4|
|65 - 80 ||2 3/4 - 3 1/4|
|80 - 95 ||3 1/4 - 3 3/4|
|95 - 115 ||3 3/4 - 4 1/4|
|115+ ||add 1/4 per additional 10 lbs. |