Hello and thank you for your time, My 10-year-old collie was just diagnosed with lymphoma. Her vet has (predictably) prescribed chemo, but I would prefer to treat her with diet and supplements -- I have been researching online, but can't seem to find a conclusive response to the success of any kind of treatment. Can you share any information or suggestions? My entire family is devastated by this news, and I am anxious to fight this disease in any way we can. Thank you again for your response, and for providing this much needed forum.
Thank you for visiting Only Natural Pet Store. I am sorry you are facing such a tough diagnosis with your dog. We can give you some general recommendations for immune boosting supplements, but for a thorough cancer fighting protocol we do recommend you contact a holistic veterinarian. Here are some basic suggestions:
- Diet is the foundation of good health and this is the most important thing you can do for him. We recommend you read What You Need to Know About Your Pet's Food in our Holistic Healthcare Library.
- Select ONE of the following immune support supplements:Only Natural Pet Immune Strengthener is a powerful immune support complex that includes medicinal mushrooms, antioxidants and Cat’s Claw along with other herbs to help with chronic disease and cancer. CAS Options by VetClassics is an immune building supplement that includes mushrooms and antioxidants that have been shown to boost the immune system.
- In addition to the immune support supplement provide a good antioxidant complex. NOTE: Antioxidants are controversial with some oncologists, so check with yours before ordering.
- Cellular health supplements, like Cellular Forte by Integrative Therapeutics are great for supporting cellular health and maintaining immunity and can be given in addition to the others.
- Herbal formulas can be very helpful. Only Natural Pet B.S.S.T. Herbal Formula is based on the widely used Essiac Formula that has been shown to be helpful in many types of cancer.
- Consider adding Immune Support, a powerful immune support formula, to your dog’s regimen.
Here is a link to the American Holistic Veterinary Medicine Association’s website to locate a holistic veterinarian in your area. If you cannot find a holistic veterinarian within reasonable driving distance of your home, many of them do phone consultations.