Fleabusters Unique Borate Powder Has Many Important 'Flea-Killing' Features
- The Rx for Fleas Plus powder is milled to be extremely fine and is also statically charged.
- The 'fine' powder allows for easy installation while brushing into the carpet and for light application (very small amounts need to be applied for effectiveness).
- The 'statically charged' powder provides a clinging effect to carpet fibers. This allows very little to be removed by vacuuming, thereby providing long-lasting protection. It attaches to the flea larvae as they wiggle by. The effectiveness of killing (dehydrating) flea larvae is greatly increased.
- The Rx for Fleas Plus also has a neutral pH of 7.0. While being very safe for carpets, the neutral pH is actually more important in a pest control sense by not causing the targeted pest (flea) to be repelled from the powder. Roaches, ants, fleas, etc., can sense and avoid an alkaline or acidic substance, but crawl right through the neutral pH material.
Fleabusters Effectiveness Comes With Great Consideration for Safety
- Borate powders are much safer than most liquid pesticide alternatives.
- When installed properly, the exposure to people and pets is very minimal.
- Fleabusters Rx for Fleas Plus is 33% less toxic than pure boric acid powder products!
Fleabusters Powder Provides More Carpet Area Coverage
- The Fleabusters label identifies the maximum allowable coverage for the container size (3 lbs.). This means in 900 square feet you can't use more than 3 lbs., but you can use less!
- Fleabusters service company averages less than 3 pounds of powder to treat the average home of living room, halls, stairs, family room and 3 bedrooms - five average size rooms!
- Because the powder is so fine it only requires a small amount applied everywhere to be effective. More is not better!
- Only a few microscopic crystals are all that's necessary to kill the flea larvae.
Borate is a popular ingredient found in many natural pest control products. It is a material made from Boron; a compound found in nature and used in many everyday products like soap and laundry detergents. Borate is often misunderstood since technically it is a pesticide as it does kill pests; however it is not harmful or toxic to its users like synthetic pesticides are.
In pest control products, borate is found in powder form. This powder serves as an agent that is extremely abrasive to an insect’s exoskeleton and dehydrates it from within. It is effective because the insect cannot build a resistance to it, and it affects insects at all life stages. Results may take a few days to become apparent, but the product will continue to work for up to a year. Borate is odorless, colorless and has no harsh chemicals. Borate products can be applied directly to surfaces, and pose a very low risk to those in direct contact with it when used correctly.
Today using a proven pesticide is of utmost concern to consumers. Fleabusters Rx for Fleas Plus has both federal and state EPA registration (59111-1).
Available in 3 lbs
Country of Origin: USA
Shipping Weight: 3.3
Easy Application - Takes Only Minutes Per Room
- It is recommended that dust-sensitive individuals not be present during treatment.
- Any powder that does not brush in completely must be vacuumed immediately. You may resume normal vacuuming 24-48 hours following application.
- Depending on the level of infestation, you may see residual flea activity for 2-6 weeks following application. If such activity occurs, more frequent vacuuming is recommended.
- Remove bags from vacuum cleaner immediately after vacuuming and dispose of bags.
- Reapplication is necessary following cleaning of treated carpets and/or rugs.
- If you have further questions please contact us.
|1. Clear Areas for Treatment|
Remove all small items such as shoes and toys from carpeted areas, including closet floors and under beds.
|2. Cover or Remove|
Cover electronic equipment such as VCR's and computers with a sheet or plastic. Cover aquariums and remove all pets. Dust-sensitive individuals should not be present during treatment.
Vacuum all carpeted surfaces thoroughly prior to treatment in order to improve the effectiveness of Rx for Fleas Plus. Remove cushions from furniture, clean and vacuum wells.
|4. Apply Rx for Fleas Plus|
Tilt container carefully as powder will flow freely. Treat one room at a time. Sprinkle powder lightly over all carpeted areas, including closet floors and under furniture. Pay special attention to your pets' favorite resting and walking areas.
|5. Brush in Thoroughly|
Slowly brush powder into carpet with a push broom. Brush in one direction to evenly distribute powder. Then, us a slow back and forth motion until no visible powder remains.
|6. Treat Furniture|
Remove cushions from furniture. Sprinkle powder very lightly into wells only. Work powder deep into wells with a hand brush until powder disappears. Remove any excess powder from furniture.