This natural herbal formula was designed to improve overall health of the entire gastrointestinal system by soothing and healing of the mucous membrane lining, relieving gas and cramps, maintaining a healthy intestinal tract, expelling or controlling intestinal parasites, and stimulating gastrointestinal circulation. It is also formulated to improve the ability of the digestive system to absorb nutrients, minerals, and vitamins.
Herbs and Properties for Which They Were Selected
- Aloe Vera Juice - May improve muscular contractions of the colon muscle and soothe the digestive system.
- Cascara Sagrada Bark - (Frangula purshiana) Known as a safe herbal laxative that may have an antibacterial effect on harmful bacteria and stimulate secretion of enzymes in the digestive system.
- Calendula Flower - (Calendula officinalis) May help soothe and heal the digestive tract.
- Rosemary Leaf - (Rosmarinus officinalis) May act as a gentle stimulant.
- Chamomile Flower - (Matricaria recutita) May help soothe and heal the digestive tract.
- Marshmallow Root - (Althaea officinalis) May help soothe the lining of the intestinal tract.
- Licorice Root - (Glycyrrhiza glabra) May help soothe intestinal tissues.
- Fennel Seed - (Foeniculum vulgare) May help eliminate bad breath and control harmful parasites.
- Garlic Bulb - (Allium sativum) Has antibacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties. May improve intestinal micro-flora and have other benefits for the the digestive, circulatory and immune systems.
- Ginger Root - (Zingiber officinale) May act as a colon stimulant and improve downward peristalsis of the colon.
- Raspberry Juice Concentrate (1:3) - Raspberry juice is frequently used to fight off stomach infections and may help control food-borne pathogens, while supporting the body's normal response to inflammatory GI conditions.
About Only Natural Pet Herbal Remedies
Our Only Natural Pet Herbal Remedies have evolved from the work of holistic veterinarians and experienced herbalists to bring you a wide selection of natural health care products for your animal companion. Herbal formulas are easy to administer and easy for your pet to assimilate, making these treatments both simple and effective. Herbs are also great natural sources of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, enzymes, and many other nourishing substances.
Only the finest herbs are used in our formulas, and the careful selection and blending of these herbs helps them interact synergistically for stronger, more beneficial effects. Nothing is more natural than harnessing the healing powers of the herbs and flowers around us. When ill or injured, animals in the wild have an uncanny ability to seek out and eat plants with properties that will help them heal.
Natural therapies like our herbal formulas do not just attack the symptoms of a disorder. Instead they rebuild your companion’s total health and facilitate their body’s innate ability to heal itself. When natural remedies are used in conjunction with a nutritious diet, your pet can enjoy a healthier life.
The effectiveness of GI Health Herbal Formula, as with ANY herbal or natural remedy, varies with the health of the animal. An animal being fed a high quality diet with adequate vitamins and enzymes will respond better than an animal on a poor quality diet. Each animal’s system needs support in healing from within. Please see our article, "What You Need to Know About Your Pet’s Food," for information about feeding the best quality diet.
This product was made in a FDA-approved facility using human-grade ingredients.
Available in 2 oz and 4 oz liquid. Each 2 oz bottle contains approximately 1,050 drops, and each 4 oz bottle contains approximately 2,100 drops of the formula.Only Natural Pet brand products are 100% Guaranteed!
Review Rating: 4
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Active Ingredients - Fennel (seed), Calendula (flower), Cascara Sagrada (bark), Chamomile (flower), Garlic (bulb), Ginger (root), Licorice (root), Marshmallow (root), Rosemary (leaf)
Other Ingredients - Purified water, Glycerin, Agave (nectar), Aloe Vera Juice, Raspberry Juice Concentrate
- This tincture may be mixed with food, applied with dropper or syringe directly into mouth, or mixed with up to 1/2 cup of warm water.
- The formula may be given in 2 doses per day if giving it in 3 doses is problematic.
For Dogs and Cats - 3 times per day, give 1 drop for every 2 pounds of body weight up to 50 pounds, plus 1 drop for every 4 pounds of body weight over 50 pounds. For example, a 70 lb. dog would be given 25 drops + 5 drops = 30 drops, three times each day (total 90 drops).
- Please check with a holistic veterinarian if your animal is on medications that thin the blood.
- If your pet is scheduled for surgery, discontinue 2 weeks prior to and one week following surgery.