PetAlive KC-Defense combines herbal and homeopathic ingredients with selected biochemic tissue salts for the treatment and prevention of Kennel cough and other respiratory tract infections in pets. It may be used preventatively (especially before visits to the vet, kennels, cattery etc) or acutely to treat an active infection.
What is Kennel Cough?
Kennel cough is a highly contagious upper respiratory infection that often affects animals that are kept in a confined space such as boarding kennels, dog shows or veterinary hospitals. Symptoms include a persistent dry hacking cough or bouts of deep harsh coughing often followed by gagging, which may produce a foamy mucus.
100% Herbal & Homeopathic Ingredients
- Plantago lanceolata is an herbal remedy well known for treating dry coughs. It is also an effective expectorant and anti-catarrhal and helps to expel mucus build up in the lungs. This medicinal herb is also approved by the German Commission E for internal use to ease coughs and mucous membrane irritation associated with upper respiratory tract infections. Clinical studies have supported its effectiveness in the treatment of bronchitis.
- Bryonia C6 is a proven homeopathic remedy which is very effective for the treatment of coughs and dry mucus membranes, as well as the clearing of mucus from the chest.
Echinacea purpurea is one of the top selling herbs for the treatment of colds, flu and other viral infections. Clinical trials have proved its effectiveness in a variety of settings. Studies have shown that Echinacea works by preventing the formation of hyaluronidase - an enzyme that is known to break the cell barriers between healthy tissue and pathogenic organisms like viruses. This immune boosting herb has also been successfully used to restore immune functioning in patients who have undergone chemotherapy and during recovery and convalescence from major illness.
- Ferrum Phosphate C6 (Ferrum Phos.) is one of the most important biochemic tissue salts to use when there is any infection or inflammation in the body. It helps to distribute iron and oxygen throughout the body, strengthen cell walls and fight infection.
- Kalium Sulphate C6 (Kali. Sulph.) This biochemic tissue salt is essential for distributing life giving oxygen throughout the body and keeping cell membranes in peak health. It is often called the 'natural antibiotic' of the tissue salts and together with Ferrum Phos. can treat both the initial, secondary and third stages of infection. Kali. Sulph. is used for a variety of chest infections, including chronic cough, asthma, bronchitis and even pneumonia.
- Magnesium Phosphate C6 (Mag. Phos.) is a natural painkiller and antispasmodic and is very helpful for bronchial spasms and other forms of spasmodic cough.
- Lactose (inactive ingredient)
Contains no animal products, gluten, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
KC-Defense comes in convenient dissolvable granule form. The tiny granules are easy to administer to pets of all sizes and personalities and are simply sprinkled on the back of the tongue and left to dissolve. No fuss and bother!
Available in 20 grams. One bottle of KC-Defense will last for 15 - 30 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.
Review Rating: 3.5
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Native Remedies
Shipping Weight: 0.12
Active Ingredients - Each dose contains equal parts of: Bryonia 6C HPUS, Echinacea purp 3X HPUS, Ferrum phos 6C HPUS, Kali sulph 6C HPUS, Mag phos 6C HPUS, Plantago 3X HPUS
Inactive Ingredients - Citric acid, corn starch, potassium sorbate, sucrose
- KC-Defense may be given for up to a week at 3 - 6 month intervals for the prevention of Kennel Cough and other respiratory disorders.
- This is highly recommended before a stay in kennels or a cattery or for 5 - 7 days before a visit to the vet.
- Respiratory infections are contagious and your pet will be vulnerable whenever there is contact with other animals.
- Administer every hour for up to 10 doses or until symptoms subside.
- Thereafter administer three times daily for 14 -21 days.
|Pet Type ||Daily Dosage|
|Cats & Small Dogs ||Large pinch of granules sprinkled into the mouth|
|Small to Medium Dogs ||Two pinches sprinkled into the mouth|
|Medium to Large dogs ||1/4 cap of granules sprinkled into the mouth|
How long until we see results?
When KC-Defense is taken prophylactically (preventatively) your pet will be protected from respiratory infections. If an infection should occur, this will be much milder and will resolve far easier. For animals who have contracted Kennel Cough or any other viral respiratory illness, KC-Defense should help to clear symptoms quickly and improvement is usually noted within one or two days. Treatment should be continued for 14 - 21 days after this to prevent relapse.
Prop 65 Warnings
According to Prop 65 some of these products may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. These products are made with herbal plants, which could absorb lead or other ingredients identified by Prop 65, from the water or soil around them. Levels can vary by batch or by plant.