Please Note: Sojos Mix-a-Meal Food Mix is formerly known as Sojos Original-Style Food Mix. The ingredients have changed slightly
Sojos Mix-a-Meal Dog Food Mix is a wholesome wheat-free blend of human-quality grains, herbs, ground nuts, and sea kelp that you mix with meat to create fresh, homemade dog food in minutes. Dogs by nature are healthiest on fresh, whole foods - chock-full of naturally-occurring nutrients. Sojos is made with simple, honest ingredients like steamed-rolled oats, ground pecans, and carob powder. No preservatives. Nothing artificial.
Just mix in fresh meat (regular beef, turkey, or chicken, whole or ground) and veggies to provide your dog with a nutritious, home-prepared meal. Use raw meat for the superior nutrition of a raw diet, with the ease and convenience of a pre-made food.
Dogs are designed to eat raw, unprocessed foods. Holistic vets have been recommending raw foods for dogs for over 20 years. Dry dog foods have been cooked and pelletized, thus robbing them of natural nutrients and enzymes. Sojos Mix-a-Meal Dog Food Mix is blended from simple, uncooked, all-natural ingredients. There are no preservatives, no artificial colors or flavors only wholesome, human-quality ingredients like steamed-rolled oats, ground pecans, and carob powder.
And because there are no fillers in Sojourner Farms, there's much more nutrition in every bite meaning your dog eats less, and your food lasts typically, twice as long as most other brands. If you'd like, you can also add raw or steamed vegetables to Sojourner Farms. It's a simple, easy way to make your own complete and balanced dog food and it only takes a couple of minutes a day. Sojos Mix-a-Meal Dog Food Mix offers the superior nutrition of a raw diet, with the ease and convenience that people are looking for.
Important Note: Sojos Mix-a-Meal Dog Food Mix is not like ordinary pet food, so it's important to take your time when introducing your cat or dog to Sojos. To ensure a smooth gentle transition, try gradually switching -- a little bit at a time -- over a period of at least 3 weeks. For finicky or sick animals, you may have to take longer to switch.
Available in a 2.5 lb. and 10 lb. bags.
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients - rolled oats, rye flakes, barley flakes, tricalcium phosphate, carrot flakes, dried kelp, parsley leaf, carob powder, dried basil, zinc sulfate, vitamin e supplement, ferrous fumarate, copper sulfate, d-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, vitamin d3 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid
Crude Protein (min) 12.0%
Crude Fat (min) 5.5%
Crude Fiber (max) 3.5%
moisture (max) 10.5%
Suggested Feeding Instructions
- Combine Sojos, raw or lightly-cooked meat, and water.
- Let mixture soak in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes (preferably overnight) and serve.
- You can mix up to a four-day batch ahead of time and refrigerate in a sealed container or freeze larger batches.
- For adult and senior dogs we recommend once-a-day feeding. For puppies we recommend twice-a-day feeding. (For twice-a-day feeding, split the amounts below in half.)
|Components ||Up to 10 lbs ||11 – 20 lbs ||21 -40 lbs ||41 – 60 lbs ||61 – 80 lbs||81 – 100 lbs|
|Sojos ||¼ - ¾ cup ||¾ - 1¼ cup ||1¼ - 2 cup ||2 - 2½ cup ||2½ - 3¼ cup||3¼ - 3¾ cup|
|Protein ||2 Tbs - ¼ cup ||¼ - ½ cup ||½ - ¾ cup ||¾ - 1 cup ||1 - 1¼ cup||1¼ - 1½ cup|
|Water- Firm Texture ||¼ - ¾ cup ||¾ - 1¼ cup ||1¼ - 2 cup ||2 - 2½ cup ||2½ - 3¼ cup||3¼ - 3¾ cup|
|Water- Soft Texture ||½ - 1½ cup ||1½ - 2½ cup ||2½ - 3 cup||3 - 3¾ cup||3¾ - 5 cup||5 - 5½ cup|
- These amounts are only general guidelines. Individual requirements will vary depending upon various factors such as metabolism, daily activity, health, genetics, and environment.
- It is crucial to start your dog on Sojos gradually. We recommend at least a two-week transition (4-6 weeks for older, sick, or finicky dogs). Start with just a pinch of Sojos, meat, and water added to the food you’re currently using and gradually increase each day as you decrease your pet’s old food.
- For finicky, ill, or older dogs, convert slower, starting with just a small dollop of fresh food on top of the old food, and a gradual increase over 5-6 weeks. Soup stock can also be used instead of water.
The longer you soak Sojos-- the more digestible it becomes. A few minutes is sufficient for most pets, but some will require a longer soaking time. For best results, soak overnight. For skinny dogs, adding avocados helps to put on pounds, and try mixing in a little bit of alfalfa (which can be found at most health food stores).