As a natural, non-toxic compound, NutriBiotic's Grapefruit Seed Extract Liquid Concentrate has many uses. It may be used as a surface disinfectant in place of commonly used cleaners like bleach or ammonia-based products. Because of its non-toxic nature, the liquid concentrate is ideal for use in the kitchen and in children’s areas. Grapefruit seed extract can be used as a sanitizing wash for raw meat and other foods, dishes, cutting boards, and utensils. The product can also be used to purify drinking water in your pet's water dish, or when camping, hiking or traveling to foreign countries. See Suggested Usage below.
The pH concentrate is about a 2.2 - very acidic. Grapefruit Seed Extract should NOT be used undiluted - always mix with water.
Inert substance derived from palm and coconut. Used as a carrier for the active ingredient. We use only food-grade vegetable glycerin that tests free of pesticide residues.
Extract of the pulp and seed of organically grown grapefruit. The raw material goes through a multi-stage patented process to yield a highly effective antimicrobial agent.
More Information on NutriBiotic Grapefruit Seed Extract
Extensive testing done at independent laboratories and universities around the world has proven this concentrate to be safe for human and animal use. It is effective against pathogens because it belongs to a family of compounds known as quaternary compounds. This family is best known for benzylkonium chloride and benzylthonium chloride as well as the infamous Quaternium group, a very toxic antimicrobial preservative used in the cosmetics industry. While Grapefruit Extract is molecularly similar to these compounds, there are some profound differences in structure and function. The extract has tested effective against hundreds of bacteria and fungi, and even some viruses.
Available in 2 fl. oz. or 4 fl. oz. bottles.
Review Rating: 5
Country of Origin: USA
Vegetable Glycerin 67%
Surface Disinfectant, Dish and Utensil Cleaning Additive
- Add 15-30 drops of NutriBiotic GSE to sink dish washing water or to final rinse.
- Add 15-30 drops to automatic dishwasher with detergent or to final rinse.
Cutting Board Cleaner
- Apply 10-20 drops of NutriBiotic GSE to cutting board and work into entire board with a wet sponge or dish cloth.
- Leave on for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
All Purpose Cleaner
- Add 30-60 drops of NutriBiotic GSE to any 32 oz. pump sprayer filled with water or cleanser.
- Use on all surfaces around the house.
Raw Food Rinse
- Add 30 drops of NutriBiotic GSE to a sink full of cold water.
- Briefly soak any vegetables, fruit, meat, or poultry.
- Rinse if desired.
- Add 20 or more drops of NutriBiotic GSE to a 32 oz. pump sprayer filled with water.
- Spray on any vegetables, fruit, meat, or poultry.
- Rinse if desired.
Small Batch Washing
- Add 5 drops per 8 ounces of water and rinse or soak food briefly
GSE is ideal as a safe and simple way to disinfect drinking water when camping or backing, or in an emergency situation where safe drinking water is not obtainable and boiling is not possible or practical. A slightly bitter taste may be noticed which is just the natural flavor of the GSE. Safe and easy to carry with you.
- Water should first be filtered, or allowed to stand to let suspended particles settle.
- Retain the clear water and add 3-5 drops GSE per 8 ounces, 10-20 drops per gallon of water (depending on level of contamination).
- Shake well or stir vigorously and let sit for 10 minutes.