Why your pet needs Only Natural Pet Brewer's Yeast
Our Brewer's Yeast and Garlic Tablets combine two proven food-derived substances with numerous health-supportive properties to help your pet maintain a stronger immune system and healthier skin and coat - along with the often-reported benefit of greater protection from fleas and ticks. The health-building factors in ingredients derived from natural food sources are recognized by the body and assimilated more easily than when introduced in isolated forms. What's more, food derived ingredients often contain small amounts of enzymes and other nourishing substances that work with the key health factors present in the food to enhance their beneficial effects.
These tablets offer the time-honored brewer's yeast and garlic formula that helps repel fleas and ticks. The exact nature of brewer's yeast and garlic's effect on insect parasites isn't always agreed-upon. Some people claim it has to do with the odor (mild to us, but unpleasant to parasites) released through the pet's skin as the naturally occurring compounds in the food are metabolized. Others say it's the taste imparted to our pets' skin that fleas and ticks find distasteful. Whichever the case may be, many guardians report that our Brewer's Yeast & Garlic Tablets keep fleas and ticks off their pets, help resolve excessive shedding, and provide relief to allergic issues affecting their pets' skin (you can find their stories and comments below the product description).
We definitely know that pets with healthy immune systems are at far lower risk of being targeted by parasites, which clearly favor animals in poor health as their preferred hosts. Garlic has been used for its health-strengthening properties for thousands of years, and the high B-vitamin content of brewer's yeast makes it a natural choice for immune system support. The key food-based ingredients in theBrewer's Yeast & Garlic formula are:
- Garlic - This revered herb has been used throughout the ages as a health tonic for its antimicrobial properties. Used historically as a natural antibiotic, garlic is the subject of contemporary human research for its action against bacteria found in the stomach thought to be related to the development of ulcers. Garlic has properties believed to support digestive, respiratory and cardiovascular functioning, to strengthen the immune system and to fight parasites in the intestinal tract.
- Brewer's Yeast - Nutritional yeast has long been a staple health food substance for pets and people. Brewer's yeast is known as an excellent source of amino acids and B-complex vitamins, which assist in skin and tissue repair, help maintain proper nerve functioning, and support a healthy response to stress.
A note about garlic: Though long known and used as a safe medicinal plant in holistic medicine for people and pets, garlic has come under scrutiny recently for the role one of its compounds may play in a condition affecting the red blood cells in some pets (the development of Heinz bodies). Please know that the amount of garlic found in our brewer's yeast and garlic tablets, as well as any of the natural health products, treats and foods we carry is included at levels known to be safe for our animal companions. Garlic would need to be ingested at extremely high levels for an extended period of time to have a detrimental effect on a companion animal's health. Please see our article,Garlic's Many Health Benefits, in our Holistic Healthcare Library for more information about the safety of garlic.
Why Go Natural for Insect Pest Control?
Fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, biting flies and their kind are a nuisance for everyone in the family, but especially for our more vulnerable animal companions. Cats and dogs can’t protect themselves and they rely on us to keep them safe from insect parasites. Pesticide sprays and other products are one quick-fix solution, but for most of us, the risks of using these toxic chemicals on and around our human and animal loved ones are just not worth it.
Toxic chemical pesticides have been known to cause immediate health crises in some dogs and cats, and perhaps worse, these chemicals can circulate and accumulate in our pets' bodies, doing unseen damage to vital organs that may go undetected for years. And then there is the damage these chemical residues can do to our children, ourselves, and the environment.
Fortunately, Only Natural Pet Store has a comprehensive line of natural products that work in tandem to help keep your pets and your household safely free from annoying insect parasites. Using the best of nature’s ingredients for remedies against fleas and ticks, you can take control of your household and bring back the peace – all using a natural approach that keeps everybody healthy and protects the planet.
When fighting fleas, especially a severe infestation, it is always more effective to approach the problem from more than one angle. Here are some other strategies that you may want to consider along with Only Natural Pet Brewer's Yeast & Garlic Tablets:
- Only Natural Pet All-in-One Flea Remedy is the one solution to rid your dogs, cats, carpet, furniture, and pet bedding of any annoying insects.
- If your pets go outside, consider using ourOnly Natural Pet Herbal Defense Spray.
- The quality of your pet's food is an important determinant in their ability to fight fleas. A poor diet means a weaker immune system, making your pet more attractive to fleas and other parasites. If you are not feeding your pet a high quality, natural food, you might want to consider changing the diet. Any of the brands sold at Only Natural Pet Storefor dogs andfor cats would qualify as high quality and natural.
In general the difficulty and length of time required to win a battle against a flea infestation depends on the severity of the problem and the environment in which you live. If you are preparing for flea season or already involved in a battle with fleas, please see our article,The Natural Approach to Flea Control, for helpful tips and suggestions. We've also grouped our natural flea remedies into convenient kits based on the severity of your flea situation to save you time and money in gathering your weapons to win the war on fleas, safely and naturally. Pleaseclick here to see our Flea Care Kits for Cats and for Dogs.
Available in 500 chewable tablets.
Still have a question about this product? Click here to send us your product questions or comments by email.
Inactive ingredients - Brewers Dried Yeast, Garlic (5% of total tablet), Liver Meal, Maltodextrin, Dried Whey, Stearic Acid, Cellulose, Silicon, Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Niacin, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid
Guaranteed Analysis (per tablet)
Crude Protein (min) 25%
Crude Fat (min) 1%
Crude Fiber (max) 5%
Moisture (max) 7%
Thiamine (B-1) 100 mcg
Riboflavin (B-2) 150 mcg
Niacin 500 mcg
Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) 100 mcg