An herbal tincture formulated to act as a laxative and hairball remedy for overnight relief of constipation. Designed to stimulate the muscles in the digestive tract without gripping or discomfort. Not for long term use. Herbs and Properties for Which They Were Selected
- Licorice Root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) may act as a tonic for the intestinal tract, help stimulate enzymes and peristaltic action, and moderate the action of the other herbs in this formula, may act as a mild laxative, may help with intestinal ulcers, very sweet taste, which make the formula more palatable
- Cascara Sagrada Bark (Rhamnus purshiana) may promote peristaltic action of the bowel, may help with chronic constipation and help regulate the colon, is non-habit forming
- Oregon Grape Root (Berberis aquifolium) may beneficially influence the bowel and genitourinary tract, may act as a blood purifier, promote digestion, and stimulate the liver and gall bladder
- Ginger Root (Zingiber officinalis) may have a cleansing effect on the liver and bowels, may act as a stimulant to help prevent cramping and reduce gas
- Raspberry Leaf (Rubus strigosus) may be soothing to stomach and bowels, and may help prevent the body's "over-correction" in forming loose stools
- Lobelia Herb (Lobelia inflata) may help remove obstructions and congestion throughout the body; chosen to help soothe the cramping action of the other herbs and enhance the effect of the formula
- Chinese / Turkey Rhubarb Root (Rheum palmatum) may act as a laxative and astringent, helping with both diarrhea and constipation, chosen to help to moderate the formula
About Only Natural Pet Herbal Remedies
Our Only Natural Pet Herbal Remedies have evolved from the work of holistic veterinarians and experienced herbalists to bring you a wide selection of natural health care products for your animal companion. Herbal formulas are easy to administer and easy for your pet to assimilate, making these treatments both simple and effective. Herbs are also great natural sources of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, enzymes, and many other nourishing substances.
Only the finest herbs are used in our formulas, and the careful selection and blending of these herbs helps them interact synergistically for stronger, more beneficial effects. Nothing is more natural than harnessing the healing powers of the herbs and flowers around us. When ill or injured, animals in the wild have an uncanny ability to seek out and eat plants with properties that will help them heal.
Natural therapies like our herbal formulas do not just attack the symptoms of a disorder. Instead they rebuild your companion’s total health and facilitate their body’s innate ability to heal itself. When natural remedies are used in conjunction with a nutritious diet, your pet can enjoy a healthier life.
The effectiveness of Laxa-Herb Herbal Formula, as with ANY herbal or natural remedy, varies with the health of the animal. An animal being fed a high quality diet with adequate vitamins and enzymes will respond better than an animal on a poor quality diet. Each animal’s system needs support in healing from within. Please see our article, "What You Need to Know About Your Pet’s Food," for information about feeding the best quality diet.
This product was made in a FDA-approved facility using human-grade ingredients.
Available in 2 oz and 4 oz liquid. Each 2 oz bottle contains approximately 1,050 drops, and each 4 oz bottle contains approximately 2,100 drops of the formula.
Still have a question about this product? Click here to send us your product questions or comments by email.
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Active Ingredients - Cascara Sagrada (bark), Chinese Rhubarb (root), Ginger (root), Licorice (root), Lobelia (aerial parts), Oregon Grape (root), Raspberry (leaf)
Other Ingredients - Purified water, Glycerin, Agave (nectar)
- This tincture may be mixed with food, applied with dropper or syringe directly into mouth, or mixed with up to 1/2 cup of warm water.
- The formula may be given in 2 doses per day if giving it in 3 doses is problematic.
For Dogs and Cats - 3 times per day, give 1 drop for every 2 pounds of body weight up to 50 pounds, plus 1 drop for every 4 pounds of body weight over 50 pounds. For example, a 70 lb. dog would be given 25 drops + 5 drops = 30 drops, three times each day (total 90 drops).
- This formula is for intermittent use as needed - it is not intended for regular daily dosing on a long-term basis.