PetAlive Cushex Drops contain a blend of both herbal and homeopathic ingredients specially selected to treat Cushing’s in pets. Each ingredient of this natural remedy has a specific role to play in normalizing adrenal function, balancing corticosteroid levels or reducing the troublesome symptoms of this condition.
Use PetAlive Cushex Drops to
- Support the health of your pet’s adrenal glands and encourage normal functioning
- Help reduce circulating levels of corticosteroids
- Encourage health of coat and prevent hair loss
- Balance blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Reduce excessive thirst and urination
- Promote optimal strength and health of the skin
- Improve digestive functioning
What is Cushing’s Disease?
Cushing's disease is also known as hyperadrenocorticism and is characterized by the over-production of hormones from the adrenal glands. The extra high levels of these hormones in your pet’s body can cause varied and serious symptoms.
Function and Definition of the Adrenal Glands
The adrenal glands are two, small bean-shaped structures situated above each of your pet’s two kidneys. They consist of two separate regions: an inner adrenal medulla surrounded by an outer adrenal cortex.
The adrenal glands release a wide variety of hormones. The medulla is responsible for producing epinephrine and norepinephrine (adrenaline). These hormones control the body’s reaction to stress and affect blood pressure and heart rate. The adrenal cortex produces hormones such as cortisone and aldosterone which are necessary for balancing fluid and electrolytes (salt) in the body as well as regulating the use of dietary protein, fats and carbohydrates and controlling inflammation.
What are the symptoms of Cushing’s Disease?
High levels of corticosteroids in the body can cause a number of health problems in pets including:
- Increased thirst/drinking and urination
- Increased appetite
- High blood pressure
- Loss of hair
- Calcified lumps in the skin
- Thinning skin and susceptibility to infections
- Over time, if not well-controlled, Cushing’s can increase your pet's risk of other conditions including diabetes, weakening of the heart and nervous system disease.
What are the main causes of Cushing’s in pets?
There are a couple of possible causes for Cushing's in pets. The first is that your pet may be taking in excess corticosteroids in the form of medications such as Prednisone. If your pet is not taking a drug like Prednisone and has been diagnosed with Cushing’s, it is probably due to a tumor (usually benign) on either of the adrenal glands themselves or on the pituitary gland.
100% Natural Ingredients
- Taraxacum officinale (Dandelion) is well-known as a tonic for the liver, kidneys and adrenal glands and will help to normalize adrenal functioning. This ingredient will also reduce any inflammation in the body. If your pet has been taking Prednisone, Dandelion will help to ease the transition with its own anti-inflammatory properties. Dandelion also contains vitamins and minerals important for hair growth and prevention of hair loss.
- Arctium lappa (Burdock) is a cleansing and eliminating herb and is excellent at detoxifying the tissues and removing unwanted substances from the body. Burdock is also effective at balancing blood sugar levels and preventing diabetes.
- Astragalus membranaceous (Huang Qi) is an herb which has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for many centuries as a revitalizing tonic. Astragalus is known as an adaptogen and helps to restore balance to the adrenal glands. It is a very useful protector of adrenal cortical function and is important for the regulation of blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Recent research confirms the positive effect of Astragalus on immune functioning and its ability to help your pet fight against illness and disease.
- Arsenicum (30C) is a homeopathic ingredient useful for treating excessive thirst and urination as well as indigestion, vomiting and other digestive problems.
- Hepar Sulph (30C) is also a homeopathic remedy and is very effective for treating infections and healing wounds or irritated skin.
- Mercurius (30C) is an excellent homeopathic ingredient for addressing thirst and irritability. Also widely used for treating bladder infections and diarrhea.
- Sulphur (30C) will reduce thirst, improve the condition of the skin and act as a digestive tonic.
Contains no gluten, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
Available in 59 ml convenient tincture form. One 59 ml bottle of Cushex Drops will last for 15 - 60 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.
Review Rating: 5
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Native Remedies
Shipping Weight: 0.4
Ingredients - Dandelion (leaf & root), Burdock (root), Astragalus (root), licorice (root), eleuthero (root)
Other Ingredients - Vegetable glycerine, deionized water
- The drops are easy to administer to pets and may be mixed with food or a treat.
- To be taken 2-3 times per day at the following dosage
|Pet Type ||Dosage|
|Cats & Small Dogs ||2 - 3 Drops|
|Small to Medium Dogs ||5 Drops|
|Medium to Large dogs ||8 - 10 Drops|
How long until I see results?
Degree and speed of improvement differs from animal to animal, depending on many factors. With regular use, you should begin to notice a general improvement in health within 3 - 6 weeks.
- Please consult your veterinarian if needed.
- Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established.
- Not recommended for dogs with Addison’s disease.