Thorne Taurine is a human labeled taurine supplement that's just as beneficial for your pets as it is for you. Taurine is a conditionally essential, sulfur-containing amino acid found in the tissues of most animal species. It is not incorporated into proteins, but is found free in many tissues. Taurine is involved in a number of physiological processes, including bile acid formation for fat digestion, fluid regulation, detoxification of environmental toxins, regulation of cellular calcium, and regulation of nerve excitability. The liver combines bile acids with taurine, which results in increased cholesterol solubility and excretion. Animals that are taurine deficient may be more susceptible to tissue damage from environmental pollutants such as aldehydes, chlorine, and amines.
- Helps maintain already normal cardiac rhythm
- Essential for heart muscle function
- Supports optimal liver and gallbladder function
- Promotes healthy vision
Taurine is the most abundant amino acid in the heart. Taurine has been shown to improve nitric oxide production in the vascular endothelium, which is essential to optimal blood flow, maintaining already normal blood pressure, and overall cardiovascular functioning. Taurine acts as an antioxidant as well, inhibiting LDL cholesterol oxidation.
Available in 90 Vegetarian Capsules.
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Thorne Research
Shipping Weight: 0.18
Taurine 500 mg
Other Ingredients - Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Silicon Dioxide
Please Note: This is a human supplement, not one designed specifically for pets; however, it is completely safe and effective for use on your pet. Our holistic veterinarian has reviewed and recommended the following usage instructions:
For Cats (all) 1 Capsule daily
For Dogs (all) - 1 Capsule per 50 lbs of body weight daily
- If your pet’s condition worsens or changes in any way that concerns you, discontinue use of any supplements and contact your veterinarian.
- Ingredients in this product have not been adequately tested for use in pregnancy or lactation.
- If animal is pregnant, lactating, or might become pregnant while taking this product, consult your veterinarian before using.