Why your pet needs Only Natural Pet Pure Salmon Oil
Fish oil offers many well-documented health benefits to people and their pets, and this 100% pure salmon oil is our most popular fish oil. Salmon oil provides a potent, highly digestible source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) and is loaded with the omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA, the EFAs most strongly linked to the health benefits of fish oil.
A best seller, Only Natural Pet Pure Salmon Oil is the perfect choice for many reasons. The mildest of the fish oils we offer, it gets rave reviews for its palatability, freshness, and mild aroma. Our customers tell us how well this product helps improve their pets' skin and coat issues and how often this fish oil is a hit with cats and dogs that rejected other fish oils in the past (please read their comments and stories below this product description).
This 100% pure salmon oil undergoes a molecular distillation process that takes only 45 seconds at 250 degrees C under high vacuum. This shortening of the "sit" or "residence" time for processing greatly improves the quality because it guarantees that no trans fats are created. This natural purification process also removes virtually all toxins and heavy metals to produce a level of purity so high that the oil can be labeled "toxin-free." Samples of our oil are tested regularly for purity by licensed, third-party testing companies, in accordance with strict European safety standards, as stringent or more so than US standards.*
Benefits of the naturally occurring EFAs in Salmon Oil include
- Supporting healthy skin and glossy coat - EFAs have been widely recommended by vets in recent years to help support skin and coat health for more shine and less dry skin and shedding.
- Helping normalize inflammatory response – holistic vets have documented the important role of DHA and EPA in immune system disorders like allergies and inflammatory joint disorders, due to their ability to bring EFA levels into greater balance in the body.
- Supporting cardiovascular and neurological wellness – Human research with omega-3 EFAs has demonstrated their ability to help keep the heart and blood vessels, including those that supply the brain, healthy and functioning optimally.
- Helping maintain cellular health – Research with omega-3s demonstrates that regular use can help normalize essential fatty acid levels in the body, supporting healthy growth and maintenance of cells.
Packaging Note: We chose to move our Pure Salmon Oil to a new white High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) bottle with a dripless cap after many complaints with the pump on our old bottle. We hope you find the new packaging easier and less messy to dispense. The dripless cap also prevents air from getting into the bottle and reduces the likelihood of the oil oxidizing. HDPE does not contain BPA or phthalates, contains no hexane and is not manufactured using hexane, and has no known health or safety concerns. Our HDPE bottles and caps are food grade and produced in North America HDPE is easily recyclable.
This salmon oil is tested regularly for purity by licensed 3rd party testing companies, and it has been certified to contain no detectable levels of toxins or heavy metals. Testing of our salmon oil is done in accordance with regulations of the European Good Manufacturing Practice and Pharmaceutical Production Commission and ISO 9002 (European standards code).
Available in 8 oz, 17 oz, 20 oz (both single and 2 pack) bottles
Still have a question about this product? Clickhere to send us your product questions or comments by email.Only Natural Pet brand products are 100% Guaranteed!
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: Norway
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Ingredients - Pure Salmon Oil, Natural Vitamin E
Guaranteed Analysis (per Teaspoon)
Total Fat 4.7 g
Saturated Fat 0.14 g
Omega-3 Fatty Acids 1,118 mg
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) (min) 414 mg
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) (min) 644 mg
Omega-6 Fatty Acids 60 mg
Crude Fat 99.9%
Crude Protein 0%
- Conversions are approximate
- Best administered by mixing with your pet's food.
- Refrigerate after opening.
- For animal use only.
- This product is intended for supplemental use as part of your pet’s regular diet.
|Pet Type ||Weight ||Daily Dosage|
|Cat ||0 - 20 lbs ||1/2 tsp|
| ||Over 20 lbs ||1 tsp|
|Dog ||Up to 10 lbs ||1/2 tsp|
| ||10 - 25 lbs ||1 tsp|
| ||25 - 50 lbs ||2 tsp|
| ||50 - 75 lbs ||3 tsp|
| ||Over 75 lbs ||4 tsp|