Though they usually complain much less than human members of the family, a dog or cat dealing with viral or bacterial invaders is suffering every bit as much as we do. When your pet is “under the weather” with an acute respiratory condition, Respiratory Support can aid their immune system functions for a healthy recovery while it soothes irritated tissues throughout the respiratory system.
The herbs in this formula have been carefully selected for their immune supportive properties specifically targeting the respiratory system. Respiratory Support is a blend of 10 botanicals chosen for their traditional use to help soothe mucous membranes, ease lung functioning, assist with lymph stimulation, and to support overall immune system performance in the presence of infection.
Quality Botanical Ingredients
- European Elderberry / Black Elderberry Fruit (Sambucus nigra): Elderberry is the fruit of the black elder tree. Elderberry is an excellent source of vitamins A, B and C, as well as bioflavonoids and anthocyanins, which support proper cell functioning. Its properties also support the body's immune system. Elderberry extract was recently announced in a Journal of Science report to be an extremely effective remedy for some types of viral conditions.
- Lemon Balm Leaf (Melissa officinalis): Lemon balm is a traditional botanical used widely as an antibacterial and antiviral agent. Also known as having antioxidant activity, Lemon balm is commonly found in formulas designed to support the immune system during chronic viral infection outbreaks.
- Licorice Root(Glycyrrhiza glabra): Licorice has been used in ancient Greece, China, and Egypt for ailments of the upper respiratory tract. Licorice has antiviral and antimicrobial properties and soothes the body's mucous membranes including those found in the throat. It also supports proper functioning of the adrenal gland during times of illness and stress.
- Lomatium Root (Lomatium dissectum): The root of the Lomatium dissectum plant has been used extensively by the Native Americans of the Pacific Northwest and Northern Nevada where it grows. It is used primarily for pathogenic upper respiratory conditions due to its antiviral and antibacterial properties. Lomatium is also commonly found in formulas designed to support the immune system during chronic viral infection outbreaks.
- Red Root (Ceanothus americanus): Red root has been historically used to stimulate lymph and inter-tissue fluid circulation, which supports proper function of the immune system.
- Usnea Lichen Whole Plant(Usnea barbata): Usnea contains usnic acid, a natural antibiotic proven effective against gram positive bacterial conditions affecting the breathing passages and lungs.
- Wild Indigo Root (Baprisia tinctoria): Wild indigo is traditionally used for its antimicrobial action on focused infections, particularly of the ear, nose and throat. Wild Indigo is believed to help liquefy phlegm and support its drainage. It also stimulates lymph and inter-tissue fluid circulation, which supports proper function of the immune system.
- Yerba Mansa Root (Anemopsis californica): Yerba Mansa has been used for centuries for poorly healing infections of the mouth. It has similar properties to the commonly used herb Goldenseal, and although unrelated to Goldenseal chemically or botanically, it can be used similarly to support relief from inflammation of the mucous membranes, swollen gums and sore throat. This is important because Goldenseal, a popular herbal remedy, is in danger of becoming extinct in the wild due to exploitation. Yerba Mansa is also used for its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Yerba Santa Leaf (Eriodictyon californicum): This traditional Native American herb is used to support the loosening and release of phlegm and the opening of the bronchial passages.
- Isatis Leaf (Isatis indigotica): Isatis has been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine to support reduction of heat, to cool the blood and throat, and to support the immune system. It has antiviral and antimicrobial properties.
New Improved Formula! In our new formula the herbs are distilled in alcohol instead of glycerin, which is generally considered to preserve more of the beneficial qualities of the herbs. And because alcohol is not sweet like glycerin, we've added agave nectar (a natural sweetener) to the formula to make it more palatable for dogs and cats.
About Only Natural Pet Herbal Remedies
Our Only Natural Pet Herbal Remedies have evolved from the work of holistic veterinarians and experienced herbalists to bring you a wide selection of natural health care products for your animal companion. Herbal formulas are easy to administer and easy for your pet to assimilate, making these treatments both simple and effective. Herbs are also great natural sources of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, enzymes, and many other nourishing substances.
Only the finest herbs are used in our formulas, and the careful selection and blending of these herbs helps them interact synergistically for stronger, more beneficial effects. Nothing is more natural than harnessing the healing powers of the herbs and flowers around us. When ill or injured, animals in the wild have an uncanny ability to seek out and eat plants with properties that will help them heal.
Natural therapies like our herbal formulas do not just attack the symptoms of a disorder. Instead they rebuild your companion’s total health and facilitate their body’s innate ability to heal itself. When natural remedies are used in conjunction with a nutritious diet, your pet can enjoy a healthier life.
The effectiveness of Respiratory Support Herbal Formula, as with ANY herbal or natural remedy, varies with the health of the animal. An animal being fed a high quality diet with adequate vitamins and enzymes will respond better than an animal on a poor quality diet. Each animal’s system needs support in healing from within. Please see our article, "What You Need to Know About Your Pet’s Food," for information about feeding the best quality diet.
This product was made in a FDA-approved facility using human-grade ingredients.
Available in 2 oz and 4 oz liquid.
Still have a question about this product? Click here to send us your product questions or comments by email.
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Active Ingredients - Isatis indigotica, Sambucus nigra, Melissa officinalis, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Lomatium dissectum, Ceanothus americanus, Usnea barbata, Baptisia tinctoria, Anemopsis californica, Eriodictyon californicum
Other Ingredients - Glycerin, Agave nectar, Purified water
- Give 3 times daily for 7 to 10 days.
- 1 drop per 2 pounds of body weight up to 50 pounds, thereafter 1 drop per 4 pounds.
- This tincture should be mixed with wet food, broth or gravy (especially for cats) and fed freely or given with a dosing syringe directly into mouth.
- Contact your veterinarian if you do not see improvement in your pet's symptoms.
Click here for a dosing syringe for ease of administration.