There are many products available to support joint health. However, it is extremely important to have pure ingredients that are readily absorbed in the older patient whose intestinal function may be limited.
Arthroplex supports healthy joint function by combining the proven joint supportive activity of glucosamine sulfate with specific nutrients and botanicals to help maintain the animal's normal inflammatory response. The top quality ingredients in this formula provide a broad spectrum of activity.
- Maintain healthy cartilage
- Support the normal inflammatory response
- For occasional soreness and stiffness
Glucosamine sulfate is one of the best-known and safest ingredients for promoting joint health. It is a precursor of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), including hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate, an essential component of the cartilage matrix. Considerable animal research indicates glucosamine sulfate's effectiveness in maintaining joint health.
DL-Phenylalanine (DLPA) is a component of the catecholamine neurotransmitter cascade, leading to increased levels of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine, which can in turn increase levels of endorphins and enkephalins.
Bromelain stimulates fribrinolytic activity and inhibits thromboxane A2, which also helps maintain a healthy inflammatory response.
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) enhances collagen formation and cartilage growth. Ascorbic acid has been shown to help maintain healthy cartilage.
Available in 180 Capsules
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Thorne Research
Shipping Weight: 0.46
Glucosamine Sulfate (as Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium Chloride Complex) 225 mg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 100 mg
DL-Phenylalanine 75 mg
Curcumin Phytosome (Curcuma longa extract (root)/Phosphatidylcholine complex) 50 mg
Indian Frankincense extract (gum) (Boswellia serrata) 35 mg
Bromelain 35 mg
Inactive Ingredients - Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Calcium Laurate, Alaska pollock (dried skins) (Theragra chalcogramma)
Cats (all): 1 capsule daily
Dogs (all): 1 to 2 capsules per 25 lbs body weight twice daily for 2 weeks then once daily
- Safety during pregnancy is a concern.
- Consult with your veterinarian before using this product in animals:
- With clotting disorders
- Being treated with anticoagulant medications
- With diabetes; or any metabolic disorder causing hyperglycemia
- With a history of urinary tract stones
- With known allergies to shellfish
- If lameness worsens discontinue use and contact your veterinarian.
- Administer during or after the animal has eaten to reduce incidence of gastrointestinal upset.