- To support natural emptying of the anal glands
- As an aid to manual extraction of anal glands during grooming
- To cleanse the anal area and support healthy anal glands
Pet Alive AnalGlandz helps cleanse, soften and empty the anal glands in dogs and cats. AnalGlandz is a 100% herbal remedy which can be used topically to assist with manual expression of your pet’s anal glands. Regular use will also help to keep the anal glands and surrounding area healthy.
What are anal glands?
Anal glands, or anal sacs, are two small glands present in both dogs and cats situated just below and either side of the anal opening. These glands produce a substance that is secreted through ducts just inside the rectum when pressure is put on the glands - most commonly by the passing of feces.
This substance has a strong odor which is very unpleasant to humans but was probably useful to animals, especially in times gone by, for marking their territory. In modern-day domestic pets, anal glands can often cause health problems. Sometimes the anal gland secretions are not released naturally and build up - leading to thickening of the secretion and clogging of the duct. You may have seen your pet with his tail up, dragging his behind across the floor.
This is an attempt to relieve the pressure and discomfort of impacted anal glands and is called scooting. Scooting can cause damage to the anus and indicates that your pet is having trouble with his anal glands and needs some type of intervention. Caring for the anal glands and promoting anal gland health is therefore very important to prevent problems.
The natural way
Anal glands should be regularly checked and expressed when necessary in order to empty the build up of secretions from the gland. This can be done by your vet, groomer or even by you - getting the knack of this is not difficult especially once you have been shown the technique.
To express your pet’s anal glands, use your fingers or a thumb and forefinger to gently apply pressure on either side of the anal opening - on the outside of the glands. Press inwards and upwards and you should see the fluid being expressed.
Native Remedies' Pet Alive products are created using a Full Spectrum Approach (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combine the best quality, laboratory tested, raw ingredients, Good Manufacturing Practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness.
Pet Alive products contain no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, are suitable for lacto-vegetarians and are not tested on animals. This product contains absolutely no parabens, sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) or harmful petrochemicals. Individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
- Stinging Nettle (Urtica urens) is excellent for natural cleansing, providing a soothing tonic effect.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is a well-known and effective herbal cleanser found all over the world. This herb will also act as an excellent skin cleanser and detoxifier and is perfect for use on the anal glands.
- Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) was regarded as one of the nine sacred herbs given to the world by ancient Anglo-Saxons. In modern times it is widely used as a gentle cleansing and soothing herb.
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) will help to support the health of the skin around the anal glands.
- Silica (6C) is a natural remedy excellent for supporting natural emptying of the anal sacs. Silica will also help to keep the anal ducts open.
One bottle of AnalGlandz will last for 15 - 60 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.Country of origin: USAManufacturer: Native Remedies