- Supports the health of your pet’s adrenal glands and encourage normal functioning
- Helps reduce circulating levels of corticosteroids
- Encourages health of coat and prevent hair loss
- Balances blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Reduces excessive thirst and urination
- Promotes optimal strength and health of the skin
- Improves digestive functioning
PetAlive Cushex S Drops contain a blend of both herbal ingredients specially selected to treat Cushing’s in pets. Each ingredient of this natural remedy has a specific role to play in normalizing adrenal function, balancing corticosteroid levels or reducing the troublesome symptoms of this condition.
What is Cushing’s Disease?
Cushing's disease is also known as hyperadrenocorticism and is characterized by the over-production of hormones from the adrenal glands. The extra high levels of these hormones in your pet’s body can cause varied and serious symptoms.
Function and Definition of the Adrenal Glands
The adrenal glands are two, small bean-shaped structures situated above each of your pet’s two kidneys. They consist of two separate regions: an inner adrenal medulla surrounded by an outer adrenal cortex.
The adrenal glands release a wide variety of hormones. The medulla is responsible for producing epinephrine and norepinephrine (adrenaline). These hormones control the body’s reaction to stress and affect blood pressure and heart rate. The adrenal cortex produces hormones such as cortisone and aldosterone which are necessary for balancing fluid and electrolytes (salt) in the body as well as regulating the use of dietary protein, fats and carbohydrates and controlling inflammation.
What are the symptoms of Cushing’s Disease?
High levels of corticosteroids in the body can cause a number of health problems in pets including:
- Increased thirst/drinking and urination
- Increased appetite
- High blood pressure
- Loss of hair
- Calcified lumps in the skin
- Thinning skin and susceptibility to infections
- Over time, if not well-controlled, Cushing’s can increase your pet's risk of other conditions including diabetes, weakening of the heart and nervous system disease.
What are the main causes of Cushing’s in pets?
There are a couple of possible causes for Cushing's in pets. The first is that your pet may be taking in excess corticosteroids in the form of medications such as Prednisone. If your pet is not taking a drug like Prednisone and has been diagnosed with Cushing’s, it is probably due to a tumor (usually benign) on either of the adrenal glands themselves or on the pituitary gland.
Contains no gluten, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. One 59 ml bottle of Cushex Drops will last for 15 - 60 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.Country of origin: USAManufacturer: Native Remedies