No one enjoys making the discovery that their favorite feline has hairballs. If you can get past the harsh coughs and retching noises, or maybe that nice little offering of direct evidence, it may not seem like such a big deal. Many cats recover from a hairball incident with little fuss and quickly regain that famous kitty composure. But hairballs can interfere with your cat's digestion, and are a common sign that your cat isn't getting enough roughage in their diet. Holistic vets aren't keen on the petroleum based hairball treatments available - they can be toxic to some cats and may have negative effects on the immune system. Daily brushing can help tremendously, especially with cats that are not too diligent about grooming. And the best thing you can do of course is to be sure your cat is on a natural diet with ample nutrients to support skin and digestive health. You can also include a healthy hairball remedy to your cat's diet, like Only Natural Pet Hairball Chewables.
Only Natural Pet Hairball Chewables contain:
- Lecithin supports nail, hair, and skin health as well as skin hydration and resiliency. Healthy skin directly influences how well your cat's hair will grow, function, and shed. Deficiencies of Lecithin can lead to loss of skin elasticity, dryness, scaliness, increased fur matting, discoloration of hair, lack of hair re-growth, and increased shedding.
- Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids which, along with lecithin, have been added to support skin hydration, resiliency, and hair health. These fatty acids not only provide fats for skin and coat condition, but they also support the G.I. tract.
- Digestive Enzymes break down your cat's food. These work to support your cat's digestion, resulting in proper nutrient absorption, and a healthy skin & coat by maximizing the nutrients naturally found in your cat's diet.
- Probiotics are the "friendly" bacteria found in your cat's gut that are essential for proper digestion. Probiotics also provide important support for the immune system.
- Psyllium which is a soluble fiber that supports G.I. tract health and function.
- Beta Glucan is a soluble fiber that helps nourish the cells lining the GI tract.
Along with these natural ingredients, Only Natural Pet Hairball Chewables feature:
- No laxatives or lubricants. Laxatives and lubricants should be used sparingly as they can disrupt normal feline digestion.
- No mineral oil. Mineral oil disrupts normal digestion and blocks nutrient absorption in cats and should be used with caution.
- No herbals. Diuretic herbs in some hairball products may actually dehydrate your pet, reduce skin moisture, cause skin and coat dysfunction, and increase hairball formation.
Only Natural Pet Hairball Chewables are a tasty daily soft chew "treat" that supports healthy skin and coat to help reduce formation of hairballs. These chicken liver flavored soft chews also provide extra roughage to help your cat's body eliminate existing hairballs. Two soft chews each day provide your cat with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, lecithin, digestive enzymes, and probiotics to support healthy skin and coat. And psyllium fiber provides roughage to help move hairballs out of your cat's GI tract.
Cats everywhere agree - if you must give them a health product or remedy, one of the best ways to take it is disguised as a delicious soft chewable treat!
Each 3.2 ounce canister contains approximately 60 soft chews. Made in the USA. Only Natural Pet brand products are 100% Guaranteed!
Review Rating: 4
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Only Natural Pet
Ingredients - Brewer's Yeast, Water, Glycerin, Natural Chicken Liver Flavor, Flaxseed Oil, Gum Arabic, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Alginate, Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Lecithin (Sunflower), Psyllium Husk, Wild Anchovy Oil, Pectin, Vitamin E Oil, Beta Glucan (oat), Pancrealipase(porcine), Sodium Propionate, Allzyme, Calcium Sulfate, Papain (papaya), Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols)
Guaranteed Analysis Per Soft Chew (1.5 g)
Moisture (max) 8.0%
Fiber (max) 23.5%
Omega 3 Fatty Acids* 47 mg
Omega 6 Fatty Acids* 21 mg
Papain* 4000 USP¹
Lipase* 144 USP²
Bacillus subtilus* 0.5 BCFU
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profile
¹One USP unit of papain activity is the activity that releases the equivalent of 1 ug of tyrosine from a specified casein substrate under the conditions of the assay, using the enzyme concentration that liberates 40 ug of tyrosine per ml of test solution.
²One USP unit of lipase activity is contained in the amount of pancrelipase that liberates 1.0 uEq of acid per minute at pH 9 at 37°C.
Directions for Use
For Hairballs: Give 2 chews twice daily.
For General Skin & Coat Health: Give 1 chew twice daily.
Keep out of reach of children and animals. Your pet may consider this a treat.In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.