Integrative Therapeutics Mucosal Factors with Cofactors (formerly Spectra Probiotic) is a well-tolerated multi-probiotic formula that provides both beneficial intestinal bacteria and growth factors known to promote recolonization. This formula provides a proprietary blend of 8 strains of highly concentrated, viable microflora in a base of fructooligosaccharides (FOS) and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine (NAG). Supports healthy intestinal balance.
- NO Artificial Coloring, Flavoring or Preservatives
- NO Corn, Gluten, Soy, Wheat or Yeast
- NO Salt or Sugar
Benefits of Probiotics
- Essential for use during and after antibiotic treatment to replace "friendly" intestinal bacteria destroyed by antibiotics.
- Aid in digestion and suppress disease-causing bacteria.
- Aid in preventing and treating diarrhea.
- Combats the overgrowth of "unhealthy" organisms in the gastrointestinal tract (a condition that can cause diarrhea and may occur from antibiotic use).
- Alleviate symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Helps prevent and/or reduce the recurrence of yeast infections, urinary tract infections, and cystitis (bladder inflammation).
- Lactobacillus sporogenes binds cholesterol in the gut, and may inhibit the cholesterol-producing enzyme HMG CoA Reductase.
Available in 90 UltraCaps. (UltraCaps are vegetarian capsules that break down easy.)
Review Rating: 4.5
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: Integrative Therapeutics
Shipping Weight: 0.15
Mucosal Factors proprietary blend 600 mg (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus helveticus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus salivarius, Streptococcus thermophilus)
FOS (fructooligosaccharides) 270 mg
NAG (N-acetyl-D-glucosamine) 105 mg
Other Ingredients - rice flour, vegetable capsule (modified cellulose), and non-fat milk (from probiotic blend).
Each ultracap contains 1 billion viable microorganisms at time of manufacture. This product contains ingredients of animal origin; color variations are normal.
Please Note: This is a human supplement, not one designed specifically for pets; however, it is completely safe and effective for use on your pet. Our holistic veterinarian has reviewed and recommended the following usage instructions:
Suggested Dosage Instructions
For daily maintenance purposes a lower dose is sufficient. For treating acute conditions or while animal is on antibiotics, give higher dosage. When administering to an animal that is on antibiotics, give probiotics at least 2 hours before or after administering antibiotics.
Cats: 1/4 to 1/2 capsule 1 to 3 times per day
Dogs: 1/2 to 3 capsule 1 to 3 times per day
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Refrigeration is not required, but is recommended to extend shelf life.